“Reliable,tasty food”

Jimmie Kramer's Peanut Bar Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 314 Restaurants in Reading
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel, this classic Reading landmark has been serving up plenty of fun and peanuts since 1924. Great American cuisine ranging from casual to gourmet. Voted "the Best in Berks" in numerous categories. Chosen 1 of USA TODAY's Top 10 Restaurants in the Nation for Wings! Reservations suggested. Plenty of attended off-street parking. Family friendly-casual atmosphere. Yes, you can still throw peanutshells on the floor. The Peanut Bar Restaurant, where peanuts are just the beginning!
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Jimmy Kramers has been a Reading fixture for decades. It has survived in a less than desirable neighborhood. They are known for their chicken wings, which I do not eat. The rest of the food is good - but nothing spectacular. You can eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor, but this is not good for us since my husband has a peanut allergy. They have plenty of free, monitored parking, which is a real plus.

1  Thank luvroma2

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Seriously overrated. Food is average, atmosphere too loud to enjoy pleasant conversation.
Have not been back in over 5 years

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been going to The Peanut Bar for 40 years. Great food, fresh, presented well, with a great atmosphere. Our favorite spot in Reading.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have never eaten at the Peanut Bar but I have heard how great their wings are. I ordered 2 dozen to go, 1 order of hot wings and 1 order of garlic wings. When I got home I realized they gave me 2 dozen hot wings. The receipt was correct so I called to let them know they messed up. A man got on the phone and told me that they messed up, and would I like him to bring me garlic wings. I told him I live in Bernville, about 30 min away. He told me that didn't matter he would be there as soon as possible. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. Restaurants always mess up our take out orders and don't even care. It turns out it was the owner himself that drove out to drop off our correct order. Not only did he bring me the wings I ordered, he brought me 2 orders of garlic wings!! I have never had this response when an order is messed up. I will definitely be going back!

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Meet some clinets here and was disappointed. It is small, and not very comfortable for a business lunch. Food and service was good.