“Dans is back and still wonderful”
Review of Dans Restaurant

Dans Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 310 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened in 1989, Dans Restaurant has been well know as one of the best restaurants in Reading, PA. Now located at 2444 Morgantown Road, Dans at Green Hills serves a contemporary American cuisine with a French influence. Our goal is to provide a fine dining experience that is an alternative to the traditional Berks County scene.
Greater Philadelphia, PA
“Dans is back and still wonderful”
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Gracious hosts Bill and Monir have revived Dans and continue the tradition of offering the best, most creative food in Berks. Definitely a nice date spot, but never stuffy. They were big fans of the previous Dans and purchased the restaurant due to their love of the what is quite frankly a local legend among foodies.

I am a vegetarian and worried that the wonderful unique cuisine I used to get (no bland salads or pasta with vegetables here; I can make that at home and come to Dans to be wowed) would be gone, but the chef made me a great dish of asparagus, mushrooms, and polenta after he asked me what I liked. He also came out to check on how I liked it. I am very impressed with chefs who can deftly handle special requests like this. You will have to ask someone else about the meat, but I have never heard a complaint. The food style is described as healthy, fresh Californian.

The wine menu is still great too. I really don't get food like this anywhere, even in Philly or NYC and especially for the prices. The owners have updated some of the decor, but it still the same vibe, cozy, friendly, and minimalist/elegant, in the basement space on the corner of 11th and Penn. I am so very happy to see this restaurant back in Berks County.

See images at [--] -- enjoy! Dans is part of berks County's little known sophisticated side, along with the Goggle Works art center, and the Sovereign Performing Arts Center.

4 Thank foursquarebar

Reading, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food in Berks!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2007

For all of you "foodies" in Reading: Dans has the best food in Berks County and Foie Gras that just is over the top. I was "WOWED" from the time we arrived all the way through my coffee!!

1 Thank PARich
NYC/Metro area
“Great restaurant, excellent food - smoke free dining!”
Reviewed June 30, 2006

While attending a convention at the Sovereign Center, we were told by another restaurant that Dan's is the best in Reading. The Restaurant is right up the street from the Sovereign Center, and across the street from the park. It was re-opened (we were told) 2/14/06 by the new owners and is a huge hit.

Excellent wine list, great food - from starters to dessert. Everything is presented nicely and the new proprietors are enthusiastic about the food and service. The Chef provided samples of a cold ginger soup that was very good.

The bar does a great job with martini's and other libations, including beer. It is an intimate cafe' atmosphere, in a smoke free environment.

The restaurant is located downstairs, as if you were going to a 1920's speak-easy. In this regard, it is important to hold onto the railing while descending to the restaurant, and be aware of your steps. The restrooms are small but very clean.

If you're looking for a soothing environment with very good food in the heart of Reading, PA, this is the place to go.

3 Thank spa_lady