“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dans Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 307 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Opened in 1989, Dans Restaurant has been well know as one of the best restaurants in Reading, PA. Now located at 2444 Morgantown Road, Dans at Green Hills serves a contemporary American cuisine with a French influence. Our goal is to provide a fine dining experience that is an alternative to the traditional Berks County scene.
Chalfont, PA
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Dinner was mouth watering! Everything cooked to perfection including the butternut squash soup, seafood riosotto, duck. Dinner ended with a delish dessert of warm bread pudding with ghiradelli chocolate. Service was excellent!!

Guilford, Connecticut
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

A weeknight dinner, party of eight, on the new patio was simply amazing. I highly recommend Dan's restaurant, even the chef came out to meet with us. We had the sweet potato soup ( perfect), the duck and the filet ( outstanding), and the cherry dessert with homemade ice-cream and almond cookies (wow). Dan's has something special here, I hope you have as great an experience and evening as we did. Thanks!

Deptford, New Jersey
“Outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Dan's on Saturday night for the first time. We made reservations for their new outside patio. Wonderful, wonderful experience. The outdoor patio is absolutely beautiful!! Kudos to the owners and all of the staff. They were all simply amazing!!! We had a fantastic time!! The food was delicious as were the cocktails. Do yourself a favor and be sure to dine at this fine establishment. You will not be disappointed!!! Cannot wait to go again!

Furlong PA
“upscale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have enjoyed dinner at the old location a couple of times but this was the first time I tried the new location. I was with a party of ten... we were given our own room and they pushed tables together so we all sat around a large table to talk. The main dining room seemed to be at the back, with a lot of windows. I would prefer that for a small party.

Service is very professional and one of the owners was in the room often, pouring wine etc. When food came out they borrowed staff from other rooms so everyone got served together.

I had the mushroom soup and rack of lamb. This cut of meat is inherently very tender but this time it was exceptional. A couple other guys had steaks and most everyone else had various fish dishes. Everyone was well pleased.

Thanks to Dave M below for the tip about the poached cherries.... When I mentioned that it was recommended on Tripadvisor, about six people ordered it. Dave M was right . And the portion size was very reasonable... too many places serve a huge dessert that you have to split.

To address some of the other comments here, this may be "expensive by Reading standards", depending on what you compare it to. But to quantify, most entrees were in the high 20's, my rack of lamb was $32 or $34 as I recall. Considering the quality I have no problem with this. This pricing would be normal in Bucks County. The wine list did seem a little expensive.

To clarify about the ownership and location, according to their website, the "new owners" have owned it since 2006! They have been at this location for about a year.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

WOW. That really is the best word to describe this establishment. My wife and I went tonight for the first time. We've lived literally down the road from this place for almost a year now and had no idea it even existed until today. I had a delicious risotto followed by duck ravioli followed by a chocolate souffle. All three courses were absolutely perfect. My wife had foie gras followed by rack of lamb followed by bing cherries poached in raspberry sauce over home made almond ice cream. She couldn't stop raving about anything she ate either.

Not only was the food out of this world, but the service was the best we've ever had, anywhere, hands down.

If you live anywhere remotely near the area, do yourself a favor, and go eat here. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013