“NIGHTMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Reading
KWC49
“NIGHTMAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

My Mother an i went t o this motel his month just a few days ago , since my dad passed away i have been the one taking her on her trips ! we have never had such a nightmare with a motel like we did with this one ! i have been waiting on a call back from the manager which i mistanaly left something very important behind , we did not have phone service , we did not get our wake up call like we where told by the staff we would , our electric went out , we had a non smoking room an found empty packs od smokes under the bed ! what is wrong with this picture????? i have never had to do a report on a motel we have stayed in in the past 6 years! my mother brought me to pa for a very very best friend that lost her father so i could be with her an this is what hapen ! trust me for now on i well double check rooms before we say in them !
kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they call me kwc

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cholmes4246, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Since July of 2009 our hotel has modified it's management. The front desk manager has been changed as well as new staff added with significant training in customer service and hospitality.
I am truely sorry that this guest had such a terrible stay with our hotel.
I have contacted this guest and informed them of the changes in the hotel and offered the guest another stay with us.
We can not be held responsible for items left behind in our rooms. However I spent a week in search of finding the item this guest left with no luck. I have appologized and can assure future guests that we will continue to improve our hotel and the training of our staff in order to make our guests comfortable and satisfied.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

this place is not only flithy but scarey!!!

we booked 10 hotel rooms to attend a weekend conference... one of the ladies on our trip went into her room and there was a man showering. someone was yelling "help" outside of another room. and the "club"... GROSS.

seriously... save your money. i left after being there for only about 2 hours and went to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Reading hotels

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

I stayed at the property a few years back and was happy at the progress made as there was alot of construction going on at that time. The rooms were clean and the people were friendly which I think is the most important for motels in this prices range. To the last reviews point, try to stay in the building that is connected to the lobby as that was the side that was renovated.

All in all, it was a good stay. I've stayed at 3-4 Ramada's over the last couple of years and believe this is better than most.

Stayed September 2007
RCurr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

I read the reviews here but decided to stay here mainly because the prices were better but also because I already had had bad experiences at some of the other places in Reading.

I brought up what I had read here during check in and was assured that as long as I stayed in the “front” building, there was nothing to worry about. I will say that it wasn’t the greatest motel that I had stayed at in my life but it was also much better than what I have expected after reading these reviews.

The room was clean and the staff was helpful.

I would also say to anyone visiting Reading that they should not expect much out of any of the motels there as Reading is a pretty tough area in general. I have stayed at most of the places in the area and feel that this was a as nice (or better) a place as any other (outside of my stay at the Sheraton which was pretty nice but much more expensive.)

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

PLEASE take the advice of the reviews here. DO NOT stay at this place. My family arrived at 3:30 and our room was not available. When asked when, the one woman running the place had to chase down the cleaning staff. A half hour later and still no answer. We were in town, just travelling through and stopped for the outlets and a baseball game. The pool was ok, no towels though. We finally got to the room to be greeted by an enormous bug on the wall. I killed it only to see anoher about 30 mins later. The ice machine was broken and the room dark and unsafe. We had to drive around the hotel to find another because a call to the desk went unanswered. I went to the desk later to get directions and stood there 10-15 minutes before the woman showed up. Later at night we called for a blanket and pillows. The blankets we had were stained with what looked like....you know what. It probably was. After about 20 mins they answered and got back to us 15 minutes later and said they had 1 pillow and blanket....1 PILLOW AND BLANKET IN A RAMADA INN???? We were up all night with the most inconsiderate people partying all night. This was not the fault of the hotel,.but just judges the type of people who stay there. At 7:30am I went to get a cup of coffee and they were drinking beer already. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

Stayed August 2007
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Had three rooms booked for a two night stay for a short family vacation. Ended up checking out after one night. This was undoubtedly the filthiest, most disgusting place I have ever stayed. The rooms smelled of mold and urine; no working door locks or smoke detectors and the refrigerator had a towel in it to soak up the leaking water. There was one wall plug for the entire room which had a six-socket adaptor with six wires plugged into it. Looked like a fire waiting to start. Bathroom consisted of a toilet that must have been lifted from a high school gymnasium stall. Tub had black footprints and someone else's hair in it. Moldy black grout covered the walls and the soap holder was broken off the wall. I went to the front desk to request a can of cleanser and a sponge to clean my own tub and was asked to "shush" because I was too loud with my request!

Every public area is covered in filthy greasy fingerprints, even the entrance door to the lobby! Wallpaper is peeling off the brown-streaked walls and the room furniture is falling apart. I had to remove the mattress to check for bedbugs before going to sleep. At 10:45pm the local (one-block away) ball stadium set off a fireworks show. I thought it was a gunfight in the courtyard area and almost called the police! I lost my prepaid $285 by checking out one day early and the front desk refused to give me a receipt indicating my overpayment. Their excuse was that I didn't owe anything so "the receipt would just come out blank anyway". I called another hotel within hours after checking in here and moved immediately the next morning. The manager I spoke with at the new place I reserved said he frequently has calls from guests at the Ramada asking to move.

I didn't have the stomach to try to visit the restaurant/bar. There was a motorcycle club parked in front of it most of the time and anyway the room took away my appetite.

If you still want to stay in this place, I suggest you do it quickly before the Board of Health shuts it down.

• Liked — The fact that I survived one night there
  • Disliked — That I lost $285 for checking out a day early
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank rjknjk
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

I'd have to say this was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. The facility was dirty and not at all maintained. We had a shower that would not drain. The first night we were there I called the front desk to have somebody come and take a look at the drain. Nobody showed up. I called again in the morning and again nobody. We had a wedding we were in town for, thank god a family member was just down the hall, my husband and I were able to take showers in their room. We finally got somebody to check out the drain in the shower on day 2. No apolgies, no compensations, nothing. The owner/manager of this place does not know what customer service means. I would stay away from this place!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Econo Lodge Northeast
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Reading
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!