I seriously don't even know where to start. The man at the front counter when we arrived was horribly rude. We had been told we could get an early check-in due to an event we were part of and when we get there, he went off the deep end. Finally get him to give us one room where we can change. The woman speaking to him was told "The room is still dirty but you can use it. No complaining. Goodbye!" Is this really how you want to present yourself right off the bat?
Once we finally got our rooms (Which that was even messed up as we were supposed to have adjoining rooms. Hmm, last I checked having 9 rooms between you was anything but adjoined.) I was really debating sleeping in the car. The picture above the one bed had toilet paper stuck fast to it (and god knows how long it had been there or what it was stuck fast with) so I ended up sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed so it wouldn't fall on me. There was also a roll up chunk of TP in the peep hole so you couldn't see into the hall because I was taking no chances of touching it. Then each time we went out on the balcony, if we wanted to go back in through that door, 2 of us had to practically body slam it for it to even open.
If you're looking forward to a nice breakfast bar, forget it. Just do yourself a favor and bring along some pop tarts.
About the only good things I can say are as follows: 1) We could see the fireworks from the Reading Phillies games. 2) There was some kind of blooming tree that looked nice. 3) If you happen to love the show Cops, you're in luck! You can get a live version as there were almost always cops within sight!
Luckily we won't be back in Reading for years (if ever) so I won't have to deal with this place again. You couldn't pay me enough to stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Rodeway Inn Reading in Berks County, Pennsylvania, a thriving industrial community that is also rich in heritage and culture. Our beautiful hotel is located on the outskirts of Reading. We are the first hotel off the Warren Street Bypass. The area is graced with beautiful countryside and scenic country roads. Our city is home to the Greater Reading Expo Center, which is one of the largest regional exhibition centers on the East Coast. Discover Reading's unique history and diverse cultural heritage at the Historical Society of Berks County and Reading Public Museum. Plan a relaxing day at the Dana Memorial, Tulpehocken Creek Valley, or Blue Marsh Lake Parks. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you will find something for everyone in Reading, Pennsylvania.Our hotel offers the Legends Restaurant and Lounge, open Monday to Saturday from 12pm - 2am and on Sunday from 4pm - 2am, so you won't have to go far for a great classic American meal. Other local restaurants include Pizza Hut, Alebrije Mexican Restaurant, Jumbo China Buffet, and Charlie Brown's Steakhouse.Americas Best Value Inn Reading offers 80 comfortable and clean guest rooms equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, satellite TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. We also have a seasonal outdoor pool, exercise facility, and guest laundromat. Our front desk and lobby are open around the clock. We invite you to hold your next event in one of our spacious banquet facilities. Our friendly and experienced staff invites you to be our guest and enjoy the value of staying with us. At Rodeway Inn Reading, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Reading
- Americas Best Value Inn Reading