Oktfest & other events: DON'T HAVE 2B A MEMBER!
GO! One of best East Coast Oktoberfests. What makes it special:
1) gluh wine (warm spiced wine rarely offered at Oktfests)
2) melted camembert cheese w/raspberry sauce & crackers
3) variety of German beer, wine & wursts sold @ multiple booths
4) superb variety of wonderful German desserts
5) separate clubhouse bar
6) small carnival for kids
7) Hungarian Stew & other European foods usually not @ Oktfests
8) Club members super friendly & wear tracht German attire
9) Reasonable prices!
10) Lovely outdoor garden atmosphere, lit at night with picnic tables
11) Grounds sit on high country hilltop "alp" devoid of mass transit
12) large tented area with seating, lit at night, with bar
13) Beautiful harvest time decor! Charming vignnettes everywhere
14) Plenty of volunteers directing parking
15) Adorable and funny mime/puppeteer appeals to kids & adults
16) Clean clubhouse bathrooms (but better bring extra TP-gets busy)
17) Roving accordian player; he's charming and smiles a lot
TESTIMONIAL: I've been a vendor @ over 30 Oktoberfests including world's 2nd & 3rd largest, and Reading Leiderkrantz' is a charming, fam-friendly atmosphere that should be on every festival goer's
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.