“Excellent pub in downtown Reading”
Review of The Ugly Oyster

The Ugly Oyster
Ranked #5 of 314 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had another wonderful dining experience recently at The Ugly Oyster. Menu is not huge buthe food is fresh and DELICIOUS!! also - good service and wide variety of beer selection (draft & bottles). Recommend mussels, shrimp cocktail, and fries. Can't wait to go back - what more can I say??

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We came here for lunch on the first day of our visit to Reading. Ordered the Philly Cheesesteak (naturally) and we were not let down. Great food, nice little irish styled pub.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I ate here two nights in a row. The atmosphere was great (very local), and the bar and the staff were both terrific.

I had a (huge) steak the first night, and the scallops the next night. Perhaps I didn't read the menu correctly, but the scallops were inedible. They were so spicy they had lost all taste and burned my tongue. But, the waiter was gracious and immediately offered to replace my main course.

I would head back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The atmosphere was good, the beer was cold, and the Irish music was good for a while. When there's not much chatter in the pub, it gets old after a while! But not to deter from the good cold beerr

Reviewed July 27, 2012

When in the UO, you forget that you are in Reading. A great place to hang and have some unique beers along with some good old fashioned food. Only drawback is that it is in Reading, so leave when there is still some daylight.