“Don't expect much”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't expect much”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went on Valentine's day. Service was really slow, it took them 45 minutes to come out with my appetizer. The servers were being trained during their shift I guess.

Their flyer is wrong. It says they're open from 11:30am- 10:00pm, but they close between 2:30 and 5:00pm. So I ended up waiting an hour outside, then 45 minutes for my appetizer.

Food:
Their Samosas were greasy. I know they are fried, but the grease was dripping off the dough. So much I couldn't taste it. The vegetable soup I ordered was way too salty, and the eggplant dinner was too sweet. Their oil needed to be changed, because there was an oily aftertaste to everything. Their food is not on par with other Indian restaurants I've frequented in larger cities.

I gave it a two, because they seemed nice and they tried to make a nice atmosphere with music.

• Visited February 2013

Wernersville, Pennsylvania
“Authentic”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very good food. This was our first attempt at Indian cuisine so we really did not know what to expect. We will go again.

Visited July 2012
Norristown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Place, Never ever go ...”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Worst place, very rude owner, we were forced to order extra food for our group saying that as they dont charge any service charges so u can't order less (even if you are not too hungry). And owner made sure to say this very rudely. When we opted to go out she said she will call police as she has already put plates and served waters so now we can walk out ......It was a very bad experience and it spoiled out evening. I would say don't go there unless u have absolutely no other option in the whole city to eat. This should be your last choice ..

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kevin J
Shillington, Pennsylvania, United States
“Going Down Hill Cheaper”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The first time I found this place 4 years ago I was very impressed with the quality & taste of the food. The prices were reasonable & service was great. Ive been going about once a month since then & throughout time things kept getting cheaper with cheaper types of ingredients used such as cheeses, portion sizes, & fresh things. A lot of the dishes started to get more & more watery instead of its normal thickness to it. I dont know if chefs changed or what not but i could tell a lot of the portion sizes were cut back pretty significantly as well as amounts of meat put in each dish. I was very disappointed when i received my check during a dining with a friend recently, normally rice comes with every type of meal you order but they said because of the groupon coupon we were using they had to charge $5 dollars extra per meal & rice that came out. We ordered 5 different entrees & that tacked on an extra $25. I couldnt believe what their excuse was when i confronted them about it. They stated if the coupon was used that it was charged, I asked dont u think that you should write that under your terms & conditions then when placing that ad out on groupon? It realistically doesnt save you any money then after you figure it out & is complete misleading & just a way to get people in to rip them off...... I was furious because i am a repeat customer but after an experience & crappy explanation like that i will take my business elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
“Rip off.....”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Used a Groupon, was charged extra for rice @$4.95 each for four people. This was the second bad experience I had there. Last July I almost walked out after ordering take out, I was really berated and told I had nerve to call them for a take out order and use a Groupon when it was sooo hot outside. Really - if it's too hot, get out of the kitchen. I really don't know how they still are staying open, foods OK - pretty greasy. I think the owners have a problem.... they also poured water in my husband's wine glass (which had wine in it).

• Visited November 2012