“Off the Beaten Path, but Not to Far.....”

Holiday Inn Express Reading
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed for one night at this property located about 5 or so miles from our Reading Distribution Center. It is off the beaten path, but not by much. The property is adjacent to the Regional Airport that ceases late evening flights so a restful night sleep is a pretty good bet. I got checked in by Cindy and she was very pleasant as we chatted about the property and promotions. The hotel is very well-maintained and my 3rd floor king suite was very nice. The bed was super comfortable and it was very nice having a kitchenette in the suite for late evening leftovers from dinner. The suite had a microwave and refrigerator as well. The shower worked fine in the morning and the towels were super fresh (love the fresh, clean smell). Only improvement in this area is where the table is situated there is not enough light if you want to set up a laptop. I read some of the previous reviews and scratched my head about some of the less than glowing reviews about the staff because I experienced nothing but customer-focused attitudes from both Cindy and Tracy. I wanted to say a big thank you to the housekeeping staff for retrieving and securing my brand-new Bluetooth headset that I’d left in the room. Late after I’d checked out I called the hotel before heading to my next destination; a town over and they had it waiting for me at the front desk when I got there. As for places to eat, just a short drive up the road on Paper Mill (next exit on 222S) are a variety of places to eat from chains (Panera, Buca de Beppo, Texas Roadhouse) to local (Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza) there are dining choices as well as shopping, i.e. Target, Marshalls, etc. Great stay and the excellent rating is well-deserved.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyinmaryland
hirdgpa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reading, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for the very detailed review. It is rare that someone takes the time to truly evaluate our establishment based on all areas of service. Our staff absolutely enjoys making our guests feel welcomed and at home. You have helped reinforce why we take pride in it giving great service. The recognition you have bestowed our employees is greatly appreciated. We hope to service you5r lodging needs again in the future. Thanks again for your kindness and detail oriented attention.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

A well-run, good value, modern example of the HIE brand. If you like the brand, you should be very comfortable here. I don't know how busy the adjacent Reading airport is, but we heard no noise whatsoever during a 2 night stay.
One negative in staying here is not about the actual hotel and its services. I think you would struggle to find somewhere convenient and desirable to eat. Continue driving down Bernville Road and you eventually come to downtown Reading and its suburbs - a run-down area best avoided. Hotels in west Reading (over the river) seem to have a wide choice of restaurants (in the Paper Mill Road area) and I would choose to stay there if in the area again.
At the time of our stay, the HIE was providing complimentary drinks and a light meal on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings - this may mean the absence of good nearby restaurants is not an issue for some

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
hirdgpa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reading, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we will continue to uphold the standard that has been the lifeline of our hotel. We are in a great quiet location just of the beaten path. We are very sorry you didn't feel as if the restaurants were close enough for your liking. We appreciate your input and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Reading PA!!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed five nights here last week and were very happy. I am disabled and was so pleased with the roomy accessibility room. It's nice for my husband and I to be able to get a King size bed in an accessible room, most have only queen size. The room was clean and roomy and smelled so good. Even the hall smelled good and I was VERY happy that it was on the second floor as the room we had just checked out of in a different hotel (also in Reading) was on the first floor and had ants!! We visit here once or twice a year and will NEVER stay anywhere else. The breakfast had a great variety and was well stocked.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor facing the back which is an empty field and was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you! We here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Reading PA understand the importance of having what our disabled and handicapped guests need and want. We always strive to make every guest feel important and at home. We greatly appreciate the kind words and the recognition. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards from the Management and Staff.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

When we got to Reading I was done in by a long drive from Niagara Falls. The staff on the front desk quickly checked us in, and asked if we'd eaten. They made a few suggestions for dinner, one of which we took, and it was perfect.
Our hotel room was huge, with a great jacuzzi, exactly what I needed after driving all day. The bed was comfortable, and the place was quiet. My son used the exercise room, and was happy to get to work out after sitting all day. Free wifi, parking and breakfast were included. Our room also had a kitchenette with a dedicated sink. I always think it's a bit dicey to be taking water from the same taps that you wash your hands with after using the toilet...so this was really appreciated. There was a microwave and fridge, and thoughtfully disposable plates etc were provided. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue F
hirdgpa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Sue F.

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful description of our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service to all our guests. It pleases us to know that you felt comfortable with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Its always nice to know that we have made your trip more enjoyable. Thank you very much and we hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times while visiting relatives here in Reading and that is why we are here again. The place is located conveniently and it is quiet, the people are friendly and and the price is right. meets all my needs.
Check in was fast and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and adequately stocked and the only dislike was the noisy air and heating system. The fan is too loud and interferes with TV and conversation.
Since the airport has ceased commercial flights things appear to be a little slow but it does make it quieter for sleepers.
The breakfast was pretty typical for a hotel and I think most patrons can get their fill okay.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank calloused_traveler
hirdgpa, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the kinds words you have expressed towards the Holiday Inn & Suites in Reading, PA. We strive to give our guest an experience they will enjoy and appreciate. We look forward to servicing your lodging needs in the future and exceeding your expectations with every stay. Kind regards from all of the staff and management.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here last weekend on a trip to Alvernia University to see my daughter. Very clean, safe quiet. Staff was VERY kind and helpful. Will DEFINITELY be staying here as I visit my daughter throughout the next 5 school years.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We would be happy to host you anytime you are in the Reading, PA area. Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future. Kind Regards from management and staff.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I recently stayed here for 1 night during a winter storm to be close to the hospital. Cindy was the clerk on the desk when I called & when I got there. She was very courteous and friendly. She made sure I was informed about the services available there ( I.e. breakfast, Internet, etc.). Room was clean,well supplied, and comfortable. Breakfast was nice but typical holiday inn express breakfast. Snow plow kept parking lot driveable and plowed. Didn't use any other services ( exercise equipment). Would use accommodations if needed to stay close to the hospital. Thank you for being there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. We are pleased to be here for your needs. We also appreciate your healthcare profession. We look forward to helping you again in the future for any of your lodging needs. Kind Regards from Cindy and all of our staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reading? Share your experiences!