“Best breakfast in Berks”

Exeter Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 318 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hungry? We Do Hungry, & We Do It Well!
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Pancakes, french toast, fried eggs, omelets...delivered quickly with character. For me, the character is what makes this a true and memorable diner experience. The waitresses are friendly and attentive, but that's not all. Most have been there for many years and once you become a regular, you become part of the family. Not that you need to be a regular to experience this because the seats are filed with regulars who might eat here 5 or more times/week. For the money you can't go wrong.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Been there many times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good restaurant for families. Good value for what you get, never go away hungry. Highly recommend especially for breakfast.

1  Thank Lindy47
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I have been here hundreds of times and it has always been terrific. He went this morning and got chocolate chip pancakes and there were metal shards in it! He complained and got new pancakes, but not even some money off??? That is so dangerous! How do you just blow something major like that off???

ExeterRestaurant, Owner at Exeter Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Friend,

I am terribly sorry to hear this. We are glad that you chose Exeter Family Restaurant many times in the past and want to you to do so in the future. Surely, this is a very uncommon case, and we should have handled it differently. I will be more than happy to rectify the situation to see where we went wrong and to do the right thing by you. Can you please e-mail me at info@exeterfamilyrestaurant.com with more information about your visit? I promise to take care you of.

Michael J. Nanouh
VP of Operations
Exeter Family Restaurant

Reviewed February 1, 2014

EFR is our home away from home. With just the two of us, we often find it a great value. The soup and salad bar is included with dinners, and lunch includes soup. The salad bar is always bountiful, fresh and well maintained. There are always two soups available on the salad bar. The senior dinners include dessert. We usually have lunch at least three times a week...our favorite is the grilled chicken ceaser salad. Breakfasts are hearty and delicious. There is a good selection of entrees for dinner. The staff is efficient and cordial. They remember our drink and meal choices! We have made friends with other "regular" diners...so EFR is indeed home away from home!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped here last night around 10 pm for a late dinner with my husband and two daughters (10 and 11). My one daughter ordered French onion soup, my other daughter ordered the kids grilled cheese sandwich, I had a freshly roasted turkey sandwich and my husband ordered a grilled Panini. We were greeted by a very friendly waitress who served us very quickly. The sandwiches that my husband and I ordered came with a cup of soup from the salad bar. The soup was home-made and delicious. I was thrilled with my turkey sandwich - tasted like Thanksgiving day turkey - not LUNCHMEAT! We all ordered water to drink - so I guess that kept our bill down - but we were very pleasantly surprised when our waitress left our check - - $20!! $20 for 4 people!! It was less expensive than fast food and it was delicious!! Will DEFINITELY stop by here again!!

Been to Exeter Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!