“Not worth the hassle or pain!”

Exeter Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 310 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hungry? We Do Hungry, & We Do It Well!
Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the hassle or pain!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have been eating at Exeter Family Restaurant for many years, but on Thursday, April 5th, 2012 I had intended to have a nice lunch with my wife and m-i-l at Exeter Family Restaurant and had the worst meal of my life. First the waitress disappeared for 10-15 minutes. Then it took 30 - 45 minutes to get 2 grilled sandwiches and scrambled egg whites even though the restaurant was not busy. Close to the time we were finishing eating, an employee with a hot bowl of tomato based soup (or spaghetti sauce) walked by and dropped it, right on the floor, at our table. It splattered across the floor and up the side of my wife which burned her arm. Talk about adding insult to injury. We complained and though he offered to pay for dry cleaning if we brought back the receipt, all he did was apologize. The worst part of all this, is that my original post on their FB page seems to have been deleted. I really don't think I want to eat there again.

• Visited April 2012

Birdsboro, PA
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We go here often for Breakfast. Good selection, fast service.

Visited December 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Hard to believe this is a Diner”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great food and great prices. Good variety on salad bar. Breakfast specials during week are cheap and they give you alot of food. Senior Specials makes this a place to go each week and not hurt the wallet

Pennsylvania
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have never had anything bad to eat here! I've been for breakfast many times, and dinner also. Hats off to the Chef! We never have any trouble being seated, even though it looks really crowded, and we usually have a large group. We will go again and again.

• Visited January 2012
Exeter PA
“Great Food -- Friendly Waitresses”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is the best place in town for great food at great prices. E-fam (as my son calls it) has the best waitresses also, who remember you if you frequently dine there, and to me that goes along way to making it a very enjoyable time while you are there.

• Visited November 2011