“Please do not stay here "pay extra and stay somewhere else."”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked this hotel "last minute thing" since we were not able to stay and additional day at the hotel we were already staying at.
This hotel does not have an elevator, the buffet location is extremely small, the stairway has a bad odor as well as the hallways. The microwaive and refrigerator were so old and yellow in color. The chairs in the room had stains. Not to mention, bad location. This hotel is not clean at all!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
TraceyManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us last minute, although it's sad to hear that you did not find our service and facilities desirable. We take your comments seriously and will do what is necessary to address the problems you have pointed out. We appreciate your feedback regarding our furniture and appliances and we are looking into improving them for the benefit of our guests. We are also looking into the arrangement of tables and chairs in the buffet hall to provide more space. We would love to welcome you back, should you wish to visit us again,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We arrived at the hotel after the funeral service of a dear friend. I opened the door and the a/c was not on -- it was in the 90's, took hours for the room to cool down. I pulled back the bedspread and laid on the bed propped up with pillows when a spider landed on my arm. I killed it and moved to the other bed. In the morning I noticed that the bottom sheet only went half way down the bed and from my knees down I was sleeping on the mattress pad! The bathroom door did not close and the shower had really low pressure. It was in a seedy part of town. Do yourself a favor and find another place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had when visiting our hotel. We take your review very seriously and we are embarrassed that you had such unacceptable experience. We pride our hotel on cleanliness and customer service so I am taking steps personally to make sure that a higher level of attentiveness is given to the cleanliness of our rooms for the sake of our guests. The water pressure in the hotel is now working well and the showers and faucets are all usable and giving out an ample amount of water. We would like to encourage you to visit us again to experience the improvements that are being made at our hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2009

I would not stay here if someone paid me. We pulled up to the hotel and was already skeptical of the hotel by looks alone. We checked in and the front desk was nice but a little unorganized. We got to our rooms and at first sight is wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but very overpriced for what we get. We pulled off the top cover sheets only to find a dirty pair of underwear fly out. I was so grossed out. I went to the front desk to change rooms and the front desk lady seemed to be irritated I want to change rooms and no compensation for my troubles. I went to my new room which smelt like mold. I looked for a new hotel right away. We tried to check out and get our money back or talk to a Manager and was unable to get a hold of one and charged for my rooms. DO NOT STAY HERE! OVERPRICED AND DIRTY!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadSailor

We would like to thank you for considering us a place to stay during your vacation. We are sad that you found your particular stay at our hotel undesirable although we would like to maintain that we regularly clean our rooms and make sure that our facilities are in good shape for the benefit of our guests. We also would like to say that we are continuously improving all our facilities and have given efforts to better our service. We would like to encourage you to visit us again some time in the future so that you can see the changes in the hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We've stayed here two years now and would do so again. It is an older motel that could use some cosmetic fixes, but we found it to be clean. The staff was friendly & helpful with directions etc. It was in a area where I felt comfortable going for a walk in the morning by myself. The breakfast has lots of choices, fruit, cereal, pastries, french toast, and make your own waffles. Plenty of outlets in our room for all our chargers etc. My only "complaint", the bathroom light and fan all on one switch so couldn't have the light on without the noise of the fan. We were in the area to play golf & go to a Reading Phillies game & both were easy to get to from here. Sadly never even went shopping!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

We appreciate that you found your stay in our hotel desirable. We work hard to continue to make sure that our staff are corteous and polite to guests. We're glad that your over-all stay at our hotel was enjoyable and we hope that you see us again soon and would like to thank you for continuing to choose Comfort Inn.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I just came back from Reading Pa,Memorial weekend 2009 where we stayed at the Comfort Inn. Everything was clean, we had a room with king bed, couch, frig and microwave. Continental breakfast was great, had large choice of food. Price was very reasonable under $90 night. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Inn. We are glad that you found our affordably-priced accommodation satisfying to your standards and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. We would love to have you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is a good hotel to stay at a reasonable price in Reading. The staff was very accommodating. It is clean and quiet. The hotel over all was really good. We really enjoy our staying at this hotel. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

We're glad that you chose to stay with us and that you found your stay very enjoyable. We appreciate that you found our hotel a good place to stay at. We would like to thank you for your interest in visiting us again and we sure hope that it's soon. We are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 29, 2008

This motel--this is not a hotel, no way--is in a ratty industrial area on the edge of a really rundown section of Reading, so the location is not good. A major rail yard is immediately behind the motel.

I booked a nonsmoking room, but the entire second floor absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke--it was eye-watering--so I had to stick a wet towel under the door of my room to keep the stink out. The filter in the window/wall heat and A/C unit had become clogged with the smoke stench weeks/months earlier, so there was no relief from it. The bedding smelled of it, too.

The keycard-entry doors on the side and back were completely unsecure. A slight yank and each door opened right on up. I was lucky enough to find a parking spot under a light near the front door, and still was surprised to find my car had not been broken into overnight.

Screaming children running through the hallways at 1:00 a.m. on a Friday night.

It took four phone calls, a 20-minute effort, to get the front desk to answer the phone to set up a wake-up call.

I will not be staying here again, and will tell my friends to avoid it as well.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank rugby007

We would like to thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn. We would like to let you know that much has changed regarding our facilities and services since your stay in 2008. We have put much effort toward reducing the issues we were encountering regarding the smoke smell. Our air conditioning and heating units are working well now and we have also made sure that our security is tight as we want nothing but our guests' safety and security. We have also trained our staff to attend to guests immediately. With all the improvements, you will find it a joy to stay in our hotel again and we would like to welcome you back .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!