“glad we came”

Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Reading
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

let me start the ambiance is great linen table cloths, napkins jazz music and great service. the food is made to order which means it is fresh and delicious and it was. we were so glad we stopped here for lunch.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have eaten her often. Most frequently for special occasions. Never a problem. We went last night - Valentine's Day - early (5:00) to avoid the crowd. It was about 1/3 full. Good, not busy, service should be good and the kitchen isn't over-whelmed. Ordered Tempura Calamari for app. Mushy and not crispy. Hubby and I ate a total of 3 pieces. Told waiter when he asked. Waiter says, "Oh sorry about that and whisks it away and brings back the salads. Rest of the meal was delicious. Bill came - calamari still on. Then, as we were waiting to finish the transaction a different server plops - yes plops - a bread basket on our table while she is busy talking to other people. Wait staff needs to pay attention to current customers and take care in what they are doing.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is by far my favorite restaurant in Berks County. I have held many special occasions here such as a wedding rehearsal, birthday parties, special dinners, etc. I never had a bad dinner and the service is great. The only issue will be deciding what to select from their menu!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Food is original and very tasty. Not a place that we go on a regular basis but nice for a special occasion. Have been there with my husband and also with a group for a lecture and the food was great both visits.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food is always fresh and freshly made, and the wood-fired brick oven makes everything prepared in it extra special and extra tasty!