“Very pleasant stay, hospitable staff, excellent value”

Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Clean hotel in close proximity to Reading, PA. Hotel staff very helpful and welcoming. A good value for the money. Rooms were large and comfortable with free internet service. Free continental breakfast was above average.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank William L

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The rooms are large and clean ! The hotel could use some updating, but it's not run down. On this trip i stayed in two Best Western hotels - one at the Newark airport and this one. Both were in approximately the same state - in need of some updates but very clean and large !!

The staff here are exceptionally nice. The gentlemen at the front desk when I checked in and checked out were very helpful and nice.

The rooms have flat screen TV's which is nice. And a pretty good selection of channels - if you're a TV watcher.

The bathroom is basic - with the toilet and bathtub in the bathroom itself and the sink was outside of the bathroom - this helps if you're travelling with someone else.

I stayed in room 335. It was not too close to the elevator, the view was over the rooftop of the lower floors and the back parking lot.

There is a complementary buffet breakfast - hot eggs, sausage, make your own waffle, cereal, muffins, coffee, tea, certainly you'd be able to have a good breakfast on this selection of foods.

From my experience Best Westerns' are generally good value for money, they do need some updating..but then the prices would be raised, I imagine !

Room Tip: I stayed in room 335, it was quiet and not too close to the elevator or ice machines. The view isn...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aleta T
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a thorough review! We gladly take all suggestions and critiques from our guests, as ultimately, it is our goal to satisfy each and every one. I'm happy you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel along with our breakfast standards. We do plan on refreshing the property this year, to further improve the product.

We strive to provide the greatest value in the Reading, PA area, without losing sight of maintaining a strong product.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights over Christmas and New Year holidays. The room was clean, staff friendly and breakfast was complete from hot eggs to cold cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. This was a good value for the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David G

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about your extended stay! It was our absolute pleasure to be your accommodation of choice here in Reading, PA. It makes our day when guests take notice of the value-add we strive to deliver each and every day.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Always enjoy our stay at the Best Western. There are very few times we are disappointed with any aspect of the room or amenities. The desk is very helpful and check in and out is quick and efficient. Cookies are excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. Whether you're a repeat guest, or a first-timer, it is our goal to ensure satisfaction with every aspect of your visit. The freshly baked cookies are a staple of our property and truly a favorite!

My team and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had seem some reviews that said the rooms needed updating, but we took a chance on the Best Western name alone. The gentleman at the front desk was quite possibly the nicest person i've ever encountered at a hotel. We wound up with a king room that was VERY nice, flat screen tv. We were very happy and will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica F

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear we gave you a great first impression! Thanks for taking the chance on the Best Western name alone. Our brand's high standards, along with the standards of our ownership/management team serves as a great combination in providing customer service excellence.

Your room happened to be our new Cosmopolitan Premium King Guestroom. The room features upscale, contemporary furnishings, as well as a 37'' flat screen TV.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here on our shopping trip to Reading and Lancaster. The hotel is off the highway so you don't get the traffic noise. Even better, our room did not face the parking lot and very quiet. Room was very comfortable. Breakfast is in a screened area off the lobby, waffles, eggs & bacon along with usual cereals. Minor issue of missing towels on checking in was handled promptly with apologies.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel, as my first impression was the front desk personnel and they were great-friendly, helpful, and accommodating. However, the truth of the matter is that this is a two star hotel for the average guest. To be fair, we were in Reading for unpleasant business-a family funeral, so I was not in the most positive mindset to begin with, but when I booked a King Suite, I expected more space than a standard room. Throwing a couch in a room does NOT make a standard room a suite! I give them an average grade for the positives: free wifi, free breakfast, flat panel TV, new carpets, but the negatives (bad TV reception, noisy toilet, overall dinginess, bogus suite representation) stuck with me. Trip Advisor rates this as the #2 hotel in Reading. I shudder to think what #8 looks like.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!