“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Central Pennsylvania
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My parents (ages 90 and 84) and I spent one night at this hotel and found the accommodations to be comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choices and an attentive, friendly employee who kept the breakfast bar refilled and tidy.

After returning to his home in Maryland, my father discovered he had left the power cord to his sleep apnea machine plugged into the wall in his hotel room. I then telephoned the hotel and talked with Charles. Without hesitation, Charles said he would do his best to locate the cord and contact me. Within five minutes, Charles telephoned and reported he had the cord. I made arrangements with him for my aunt to pick it up since she was available to deliver it to my father the next day.

My parents and I appreciated the hospitality we received by the staff and recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice compliments regarding your experience here. I have relayed your message to our breakfast attendants, Indira & Cheryl, along with Charles, our Director of Sales, who also appreciates the time you took to write this review. We're proud of the product we deliver to our guests each and every day. As you can tell, this reflects in the attentive & gracious customer service model we have implemented. We look forward to being your family's hotel of choice when visiting the Reading area!

Sagar Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent five nights at this facility. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast room was immaculate and well stocked with healthy choices. The staff greated me as they went by, the GM asked if all was OK, the business center was easy to use. The hallways were well lit and clean as was the parking lot. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad our staff worked together to ensure your stay exceeded expectations. In the mid-scale hotel segment, guests expect cleanliness, a hearty breakfast, and of course gracious customer service. We take pride in offering all three, and believe our property offers the highest value to guests in the area. Thank you very much for your kind compliments, and we look forward to being your lodging provider of choice when you're in the Reading area!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

BEWARE OBVIOUS MOLD PROBLEM! ....Woke up with RAIN POURING INTO THE ROOM!!! By the appearance of the patch work on the ceiling the problem is pre-existing. Where there is a water problem, MOLD usually follows quickly behind. Management did absolutely nothing, but try to minimize the problem, by saying they would send someone up to check on it! The General Manager was totally clueless as to the dangers of mold contamination and its dire consequences on a person's health esp if you are asthmatic. Since the hotel was totally booked, we had to leave to find another hotel which happened to be 40 minutes away .. The manager refused to refund my money or provide any sort of restitution for the inconvenience to me and my family.
Best Western in Shillington, PA should not be in the hospitality industry!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't satisfactory. If there is a structure or health related concern here at the property, we simply don't cover it up as that doesn't follow our high ethical and moral standards. As a GM of a 142 room property, I'm well aware of the concerns and danger of mold, and if there ever is a leak, we work to rectify the issue in the swiftest, most effective manner. During our investigation, we found no evidence of mold, but were able to successfully solve the leak problem. Again, my staff and I apologize your stay wasn't up to par, however, we hope you will visit again so we can provide you with a superior experience.

New Palestine, Indiana
Reviewed August 8, 2012

In early August, I was part of a large group that attended an American Legion Baseball State Championship Tournament. The Best Western staff hosted a well behaved group of 3 teams and dozens and dozens of parents. I was part of media that used the same hotel and I was quite impressed with the level of service. From the quality of breakfast, the business center, clean rooms, and most of all the staff went above and beyond led by the General Manager Mr. Shah to meet and exceed our groups needs. The location was very convenient, not far from the PA turnpike. Would like to see a few more TV channels, but beyond that great marks from our group and since it was a baseball group, Best Western hit a home run for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm absolutely delighted to hear your stay went well at our property. It was our pleasure being the host hotel for the State Legion tournament, and it was apparent that the entire event was well organized. We take great pride in offering the highest value to our guests. Your satisfaction is what ultimately drives our staff to continue operating at the upper echelon of customer service. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was centrally located from Hershey Park, Sesame Place and Dutch Wonderland. Oh yeah and an Outlet Mall. The hotel was just average. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was so so, but it was free. The hotel seemed a bit dirty in the hallways and elevators. There was a petal from a plant that laid on the hotel floor for the entire week of our stay so I don't think they vacuum the hallways very often. The WiFi was free and fast. I was able to stream Netflix on my laptop for my son and had ZERO buffering issues. I was able to access the WIFI from just about anywhere in the hotel. The bathroom in our room was average. I did see some minor black mold around the tub area. The maids failed to leave us new towels or toilet paper. I caught the maid in the hallway one day and asked her for towels and she politely gave me a bunch with no issues. I had to go to the front desk to get some more toilet paper on our 3rd day. Again no complaints or issues with the staff but they only gave me one roll. My son in I went swimming in the pool one day. It was ok but dirty. Lots of bugs and leaves floating around but overall the water was clean and clear. One thing was very concerning for us. On two occasions both of our door keys stopped working. Both times I had to go down to the front desk to have them re swipe them. But on the first occasion we went up to the room with arm fulls of stuff and discovered the keys did not work. I went down to the desk and my wife stayed by the door with our stuff. I came back up and she was in the room. There was a maid that was in the hallway and let her in. The maid did not ask any questions, just let her in. That was kind of scary since it could have been someone else getting in and stealing our stuff. Maybe the maid knew were were staying in that room or whatever, but still, kinda scary. The beds and pillows were nice and soft. I think I slept better there than I do at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bufbandit
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay. We appreciate all comments from our guests, good or bad, because we take them into consideration when introducing new protocol and policies, as well as evaluating current ones in place. Our hallways are vacuumed every day here at the property with state of the art Oreck XL Vacuum Cleaners. These vacuums pick up finite pieces of dirt and debris. I believe this was an isolated incident that you experienced, however we did remind our housekeeping staff to be vigilant for any debris left in public areas of the property.

For guest security and privacy, we have reminded all staff members to check for identification & verify guest room numbers prior to allowing entry to any guest room. This protocol has been in place at the property for many years, and we will work hard to ensure it is never breached.

We take pride in offering a safe & clean pool, and it is skimmed every morning prior to being opened. Based on your review, we did speak to our maintenance department to continue its thorough upkeep.

We look forward to seeing you again here at our property!

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good: separate sink area from the toilet/bath area, excellent shower, larger than usual fridge, full length mirrors on both sliding closet doors, granite countertops, comfortable beds (I thought pillows were hard tho husband like them), clean carpet, good a/c, husband forgot to pack toothbrush but the front desk has them. WHAT WAS THAT WONDERFUL AROMA IN THE ROOM UPON ENTERING AND EACH TIME WE RE-ENTERED. I have never been in a hotel room that smelled so nice the whole time! Bad: someone needs to learn how to cook the bacon for the breakfast. It was undercooked, limp, and floating in grease. I saw a father showing his son how to take napkins and squeeze the bacon grease out of it. Ick! The best part of the breakfast was the make-your-own waffles. They cooked perfectly every time. Husband now wants one at home.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bunnybleu
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our property was newly renovated several years ago and converted from a Days Inn to the Best Western Plus flag. As a "Plus" property, our guests receive enhanced amenities such as hot breakfast items including waffles, eggs, and bacon. In addition the guest rooms & bathrooms were upgraded to include the granite countertops you enjoyed, as well as Serta branded mattresses.

The aroma you mention in the room was actually an Ecolab product, known as Orchard Mist. We utilize this air freshener in all of the guest rooms. I'm glad the scent appealed to you!

With regards to the bacon, we actually upgraded the product to thicker slices. I think you'll be pleased with the result. We have received many compliments with regards to the change. Make-your-own waffles are a guest favorite here at the property!

We look forward to your next stay at our property.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staying in this hotel was a great experience. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was renovated and large. It had a great shower! We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Our dog was welcome too! Management waswas very kind and helpful.
Too enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Hollydebra
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad that your stay went well and our property's amenities satisfied your expectations. As you know, we are a pet-friendly hotel and look forward to accommodating our furry friends. The property was newly renovated several years ago, when we converted the brand from a Days Inn to a Best Western Plus. The breakfast offerings were enhanced to include hot items such as waffles, bacon, & eggs! In addition, Serta mattresses were purchased to ensure a good night's rest for all of our guests.

I truly appreciate your kind compliments and we hope to serve as your lodging provider of choice next time you're in the Reading area!

Best Regards,

Sagar Shah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!