“Warning if you need internet access and have a dog”

Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I like this brand, so I was very disappointed for the following reasons. First, I travel with my little Havanese and even HE did NOT want to enter our room. The smell of the cleaning product was overwhelming, toxic and extremely unpleasant. They may or may not use special product for pet-friendly rooms, but this was over the top. Why did they build hotels with sealed windows? Second, the internet service was extremely intermittent. If you NEED reliable internet service, room 115 did not deliver which created a huge problem for me. Third, the desk chair screws were coming through the "leather" which forced me to place a towel on the surface to make it useable. Lastly, the pillows (all four of them which looked very nice) were identical, hard, lumpy pillows. Very uncomfortable. On the plus side, the room was quiet, there is a nice grassy area behind the hotel to throw a ball for your dog off-leash and the shower was delightful. The hotel is clean and it's nice that they leave the microwave and fridge unplugged to save energy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed here several years ago before it was a Best Western and it was in bad shape. They have since remodeled and it is a much nicer and cleaner place to stay.

We stayed for two nights in a King room. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comforatable. The front desk staff was very helpful and accomodating with our requests. The only negatives were the breakfast and the bathroom size. There was a variery of breakfast items, but they were not very good. Our second morning we opted to eat at the Diner which is located out in the parking lot. Also, the bathroooms are very small.

All in all, it was a nice stay and for the value, we would probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The hotel was extremely clean, very quite (could not hear the neighbors), breakfast was good, but the front desk staff were tremedous. Helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. Would stay again if we are there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Loved the hotel it was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this place and would definetly use it again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The room was very nice. It was very clean, which is basically the most important thing to my family. The breakfast area is so cramped though. There isn't much space & the breakfast is sub par if you are comparing to other hotels. The pool was a nice size, but we had to ask them to unlock it even though it was past the time for it to be open. And then we had to ask them to bring clean towels. Not too big a deal though. Overall, I was happy with the hotel. And I have to say I was impressed not to find any stray hairs in the beds or bathrooms which is a major plus!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Recent remodeling & brand changing to BW. Pleasant visit, outdoor pool, restaurant at front had delicious homestyle food at reasonable prices. Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I live in Philadelphia. My wife recently to have a minor surgery procedure at a nearby Reading hospital. We decided to simply stay the night before so we wouldn't be rushed the next day. After a bit of research, I found the Best Western Shillington. With our AAA rate, it was under $100 for the night. Don't remember exactly the price, but it was two digits.
Anyway, we were very pleased with our stay. The hotel seemed very new. It was very clean, the room was spotless, the bathroom was spotless, and it had a nice shower (I am a shower snob!). The bed was average comfort. It was also quiet. Didn't hear anything around us.
My only complaint was the breakfast. A few pastries, some cereal, and coffee. That was pretty much it. My wife was having surgery that morning, so couldn't eat anyway. I am not a big breakfast person, and normally just have coffee, so the complaint is minor.
Oh yeah, the high speed internet worked fine! And it was free!
To summarize, it is the Best Western, so if you are expecting elegance, go elsewhere. But as "average" hotels as places to crash go, you can't beat this place! Would stay here again if circumstances caused me to have to spend the night in Reading, PA. I reccommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AmericanRuffian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Reading

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!