“Home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great place to stay/visit - just like home - food for breakfast and after work great too - rooms super large and clean. A perfect place to be when you have to be away from home for work purposes. Probably great for vacation too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The size of room was nice. Front desk staff was helpful. Found someone else's hair in the shower soap holder. Breakfast is garbage...some cheesy mush...rubber eggs with no taste...sausage that also had no taste

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David M
JSieck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you had a bad experience and did not enjoy our breakfast. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and give us another opportunity to display the level of customer service we know we can provide. Thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've never been disappointed here. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the suites have everything you need. From the fully-stocked kitchen, living room area with a sofabed, and large bedroom and bathroom, it's quite spacious and comfortable. The dining area is also very nice and the complimentary meals are a bonus. The service was excellent. You expect this from a Hilton and you get it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you NEED a NON-smoking room make sure you tell them you want it on the NON-SMOKING FLOOR (4th Floor). My traveling companion has asthma so I specifically stated we needed a NON-smoking room. We quickly checked in and went to our destination for the day (Friday). Upon our return in the evening, we smelled cigarettes, as soon as, we entered the room. I called the front desk and was told while I was in a NON-Smoking room, the room directly across the hall was a SMOKING room. REALLY??? You place a SMOKING room that close and assign an asthmatic person that room. No wonder our room smelled. We asked to be moved but were told there were no other rooms available due to a convention in the area. The front desk staff member also suggested since it was a little bit cooler that night, why not turn off the air and open the windows? It was 95+ degrees that day. It was NOT cool enough for that. I requested a call from management for Saturday, but NEVER received a call. Since we needed to attend a meeting (Saturday) I assumed there would be a message on the phone when we returned. NOTHING..... Before we checked out on Sunday morning, I placed a call to the front desk and asked to speak with management. I was told since I was a Hilton Honors member they would credit 30,000 points to my account. Still waiting to see if they appear.......... From now on, no matter where I stay, I am now going to say I NEED a NON-SMOKING FLOOR..........RIDICULOUS.......

Room Tip: If you NEED a NON-smoking room make sure you tell them you want it on the NON-SMOKING FLOOR (4th Flo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank IrishEyes317
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Homewood Suites in Wyomissing, Pa, a suburb of Reading is a desirable hotel to stay. It is exceptionally clean and the rooms are much larger than we expected. The staff is very helpful and professional. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. We were very pleased with our accomodations and would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love this hotel, I stay every June for the WWII Weekend at the Reading Airport. This is my 5th year staying. Hotel staff is always wonderful, rooms are SUPER clean. Lobby and dining araes are furnished very nicely. I love that they have an outdoor pool which is always clean as well. The breakfast in the morning is amazing! The are in walking distance to shopping and several resturants. I just love staying here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been to many hotels and usually I am not able to or willing to spend more than $120/night on a hotel. This was a business trip and it was the best accomodations I have ever had. My stay was 2 weeks and my room was a suite--which people usually like because they can cook in room instead of going out to eat. Well, at Homewood, Monday-Friday we received a warm breakfast in the morning and a warm dinner in the evening...and I am not a big drinker but they also served 10 cent beers throughout dinner!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading? Share your experiences!