“I vote here!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Wyomissing, PA
“I vote here!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I go into this hotel twice a year to cast my ballot, in the spring primaries then again in the fall general election. It's really a lovely setting in which to fulfill my duty as an American citizen! Everyone seems very friendly. When it first became my polling place, I wasn't sure where to go when I went inside. The people at the front desk very graciously pointed me in the right direction. I live about 1.5 miles from this hotel, therefore I really have no reason to stay there, but based on what I have seen, I would choose this hotel. There is a Texas Roadhouse right across the parking lot, so meals would be very convenient. There is also a large shopping center next door called Broadcasting Square, with a Target, Marshalls, Barnes&Noble, Bed,Bath,&Beyond, Dick's, Petco, Party City, etc etc etc...the list goes on and on for that shopping center...plus there are a number of restaurants there! So I would say it is a good location for anyone who would be staying in the Reading metro area! It's located right off of the Spring Ridge Dr exit of US Rt. 222, so that's something else it has going for it, easy to access from the main expressway. It's a suburban setting and is a very safe area. It's in Wyomissing (Spring Township actually, but Wyomissing is the mailing address) and is only about 5 miles to the west of downtown Reading. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel while we were in town attending a swim meet for my sons. It is a nice hotel located near shopping and good restaurants. It was easy to access from the main highways. We were given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite thanks to our "Gold" status with Hilton. Free breakfast in the AM met our needs. We plan to stay at this hotel again in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you are an HHonors member.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dawn_lyn
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very clean. Was upgraded to room with a gas fireplace. Staff very friendly. I arrived about 15 minutes after the complimentary dinner buffet ended. The Staff had not finished cleaning up yet and when I asked if they minded if I took some of the food that had not been put away, they said of course not and continued to offer to bring out additional items for me, and brought out a tray to make it easier to bring the food up to my room. Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 150nightsperyr
JSieck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our hotel and staff. Our goal is to satisfy every guest every time. I am so happy to hear our evening staff was able to provide dinner for you.They are a stellar example of the quality of service we strive for.
Phillipsburg
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here overnight recently on a brief business and found myself wishing my trip was a little longer. There are a lot of "suites" hotels that are one larger room (that looks like a regular hotel room) as opposed to a "suite," so when booking a "suite" hotel you really don't know what to expect. When I arrived and opened the door I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. To my right was a full kitchen with table (stove, microwave, full size refrigerator, sink, and well stocked cabinets with dishes, silverware, etc.). In front of me a nice sized living room with couch, wing chair, table and flat screen tv and just past that, doors to the bedroom (VERY comfortable queen size bed, flat screen tv), dressing room and bathroom. The room was spotless and I enjoyed the ability to spread out and relax in the living room while watching tv that evening. I left too early in the morning to be able to sample their breakfast buffet, but was glad for the coffee in the room. The only slightly negative comment I would have would be the toilet... you do have to hold the handle down the entire time the toilet is flushing, otherwise it won't complete the flush. It really wasn't a big deal though considering all the positives in this room. Based on my experience here, I would definitely look to stay, not only here again, but even at another Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ajsnskool
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. I wanted you to know that I shared your comments with our staff at our daily huddle, it certainly means alot to us when we hear from a satisfied guest. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future and I hope next time you have the chance to enjoy our Suite Start breakfast.
Chennai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Homewood Suites, Wyomissing , I used to call this place as home away from home. I stayed there for more than 40 days during my Business visit in Penske, Reading. It was a delightfully great experience. Rooms were capacious , neat and clean with great room service. The Hotel stuffs were very cordial and pleasant, in spite of being Indian I did not feel any difference in attitude towards me than other regular guests which I experienced in some of the hotels in US. The hotel is located near the heart of wyomissing shopping center. The hotel serves complimentary breakfast all the days in week and Dinner from Monday to Thursday. You also have cooking arrangement in suits as well. The swimming pool and the fitness center have been maintained carefully. In terms of overall experience its worth every penny they change !!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Beautiful, spacious, spotless clean suites! 4 of us stayed over on a Saturday night. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Did some shopping at the Vanity Fair Outlets. Then had dinner at the adjacent Texas Roadhouse. Hotel serves a complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet. Had a great time. We plan to make this a regular outting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JSieck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you and your friends had a relaxing evening at the Homewood Suites, Wyomissing. We certainly want our guests to feel like we are their home away from home and it sounds like we were able to accomplishment just that! Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review, I have shared your comments with our staff at our morning huddle. Hope to have you visit us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on November 2012. Staff was friendly and helpful. However, there were several disturbing problems:
1. The bathroom smelled from cigarettes.
2. The toilet would not flush.
3. The room heating was very noisy and the front staff suggested that I put it on Cold.
4. An intermittent strong noise came through the walls from a central water purification system (the maintenance person explained this to me after I complaint).
I had to change my room at midnight when problem 4 emerged.
It was a very non satisfying experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the water cleaning systems. Winter may not be a good time to stay as the he...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DCtraveller41
JSieck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading? Share your experiences!