“One of the cleanest and stocked with pleasant and helpful staff...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great place to stay. Rooms are large, clean and full of amenities. Convenient to major roadways, so easy access on and off Rt.422. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Seems to me the staff was trained and very professional. Overall a good place to stay! On a side note: Reading Phillies stadium is only a few miles away. Shopping is all over and convenient to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We live in New York and come to Reading between 1 to 2 times a year to relax and shop. We have stayed at 2 other hotels in the area and this by far as been the best hotel. I booked my reservation online and booked the king bed suite. When I checked in I was informed that I was upgraded for free!! We had the King size suite with the fireplace and Jacuzzi! The room was amazing and had all the amenities of home including, microwave popcorn provided. The two TV’s were huge and swiveled to be viewed from the Jacuzzi in the bedroom or the kitchen in the living room. The free breakfast was nice and above your standard. It was nice that they had different food each morning. One morning they even provided make your own waffles with strawberries and whip cream! The hotel even had a little store that was not too expensive. Overall the hotel, staff and amenities were excellent!

The only downside if any was the restaurant next door shared the same parking lot, which made parking a little tuff.

We will definitely be returning and using this hotel again and again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when we were in town for a wedding. We redeemed Hilton HHonors points for a free stay. We had very little interaction with staff during our stay.
We had a king bed one bedroom suite. I was very impressed with the kitchen -- I don't even have a garbage disposal at home, and I didn't have a dishwasher in my first apartment! The room was very clean, and I liked that it had a DVD player (especially since TV reception was pretty fuzzy).
I was also happy with the hotel's location. It was right off of the highway, and it's adjacent to a huge shopping center with restaurants, a supermarket, Target, and other places where you can pick up necessities that you might need during your stay. We ate at Buca di Beppo, a family style Italian place, that was OK.
The pool was small but nice, and the area was kept clean. The fitness center, like most hotel fitness centers, had old, cheap equipment that borders on being a safety hazard. The free breakfast also left something to be desired. I'm not picky -- I've been to tons of free continental breakfasts at lower and mid-level chain hotels in my day. I was turned off by the fact that they didn't have any fresh fruit. Most other hotels (including Homewood's sister chain, Hampton Inn) have fresh fruit at their free continental breakfast. Not even a banana in sight! For our Sunday morning breakfast, they were picked clean of just about all their bakery items. On Saturday morning they ran out of coffee (?!?). I understand that Sunday was busy -- it was a holiday weekend, but the staff was reacting as though the hotel had never been busy before. I thought that it could have been better stocked and better organized.
The free high-speed internet was great -- didn't have any problems connecting.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melhojo
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I can see why this hotel gets such good reviews. The entire staff seems really to care about customer service. When the DVD player didn't play the audio (they have a stock of DVD's and VHS tapes in their lending library, and also a player in the rooms), someone came up to our room literally 60 seconds after we called, and he fixed it in less than that, smiling the entire time. Our dog was welcome. The suites are large and clean and comfortable. It was absolutely quiet. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were well above average for this type of hotel. You have to love the 10 cent wine and beer! The hotel is located on the fringe of a commercial area but when I ran a half mile I was in the countryside, and it was beautiful! I would come back here in a heartbeat. While it may cost a bit more than other hotels in the nighborhood, the free dinner and breakfast (and the 10 cent wine) make it a bargain, and the service is the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Homewood Suites are the perfect hotels for extended stays. We were in town for just 1 night, but the location of the hotel was perfect, so we stayed. I generally book a king room, but you get to select your room on-line with Hilton Honors, I noticed the double bedded room was larger than the king. And it was....a lot of room to move around, comfy beds, quiet spot. We chose a room that faced the pool, since it wasn't opened yet. Breakfast was plentiful with something for everyone. Didn't have any interaction with the staff, only at check-in, and check-in went smoothly.
The only drawback I could find was at breakfast. In a day of reduce-reuse-recycle, I was surprised to see individual plastic containers of orange juice and individual cans of cranberry juice being offered. There was no 'recycle' bin so everyone was tossing their containers in the trash.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I am stayed here several times in the last couple of years but never found the time to write a review. The hotel is consistently excellent. Check-in this time was handled by Jenny, who I wish would join my customer service staff. She truly made me feel welcomed. The rooms have all been nice, spacious, and clean. If highway noise is an issue, ask for a room on the quiet side as route 222 runs along side. I have never eaten dinner at the hotel since I also seem to stay on stuffed peppers night. The hotel does, however, share a parking lot with a Texas Roadhouse. Breakfasts are the usual buffet but quality and preparation is always good. For the price, service, and quality, you can't beat the Homewood Suites in Reading.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MVTeacher
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Do yourself the favor and stay here and book a fireplace suite. Large rooms, comfy bed, jetted tub, gas fireplace, 5 head shower, and a kitchenette for under $200. One of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in and the rooms are sound proof, the breakfast is great, and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank KCORNISH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading? Share your experiences!