“Good, but not exceptional for the prices/portions”
Review of Susanna Foo Gourmet Kitchen - CLOSED

Susanna Foo Gourmet Kitchen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Radnor-Chester Road
Transit: Radnor Station via Regional Rail
Philadelphia area
“Good, but not exceptional for the prices/portions”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Last week I dined here for lunch with two co-workers. Susanna Foo is an upscale restaurant on Philadelphia's Main Line, hence commanding higher prices and smaller portions compared to more casual, less well-known Asian restaurants in the greater Phila. area. The atmosphere and decor is sleek and sophisticated with most tables spaced a nice distance apart (good to know for business meals). The bar area is very nice, and they do offer Happy Hour specials. The restaurant (which is adjacent to Flemings Steak House) is located on the ground floor of a large office building, and you either have to valet your car or self-park in the large, often crowded lot in the back of the building. Service was good. My entree portion was small for the price and frankly not much better than some Chinese buffets. To be fair, I enjoyed my previous lunches here much more than my recent one, but I will still return (but not often - it is more of a "splurge lunch" for me).
If you found my review helpful, please click on the "yes" button below; thanks!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BucketListR

Irvine, CA
“Not bad for a chain.”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I ate here with colleagues in May 2012. The food was good, the service very attentive and the waitress quite helpful. We shared the mixed dumpling appetizer which was so-so and the firecracker shrimp which was better. Main courses were the seared scallop special which was perfectly cooked and flavorful. Others had a spicy tuna maki and crispy duck. The duck was on the tough and overcooked side but tasty nevertheless. The chocolate cake dessert was just ok. Overall, I think that the restaurant is good, but would be improved by focusing more on fewer dishes.

Visited June 2012
Wayne, PA
“Consistently satisfied”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Whether you go for lunch or dinner, you'll be more than satisfied with anything on the menu. The wait staff is very professional and attentive, but not 'stuffy'. We've frequented SF several times and even bring out of town friends here. One of our friends from France always makes it a point to visit SF with us.

• Visited May 2012
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Great food, service and atmosphere reasonable prices.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were in the area on a Thursday night and stopped here for dinner. (I am sure reservations are a must on the weekends ). The good service started with the valet parking and continued throughout the evening. The atmosphere is comfortable with contemporary decor. I think the large open, airy floor plan gives it a less romantic feel and adds to the noise level and would be better suited for casual dining or groups. Nice wine list, not extensive, but some good selections. The menu has a great variety and I would call it more Asian Fusion than traditional Asian. Their beet salad is a must-have and the shrimp was so light and delicious. My husband had the filet, also excellent. The prices were so reasonable, especially for this area. Our waiter was wonderful. I definitely encourage you to give it a try. We will go back soon.

• Visited May 2012
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
“Contemporary Chinese that any and everyone will appreciate”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

While the contemporary decor and classy cocktails create an inviting atmosphere, the menu is far better than your run of the mill Asian, but not quite the high-end innovative menu like on Walnut in Center City Philadelphia.

Susanna Foo is a great restaurant and someplace where you're sure to leave delighted.

• Visited April 2012