We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quarryville
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Quarryville
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Well we checked in on a Friday afternoon had the wood delivery received half of what everyone else received not sure worth the value. We have camped sereval times at Castaways in Maryland love !!!! They have a million kids around and really don't have anything for the kids to do all activites end at 8 pm on Friday evening which seems to be a huge check in day. On a scale from one to 10 they are at best a 3!!! Really have no idea how to operate a family fun resort, I wish I was the undercover boss for the yogi bear franchise!!! WOW it would be a great episode!

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank seashore1826
Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was our second time to Jellystone. First visit we stayed in a pop up trailer, but this visit we stayed in a cabin.. We chose this resort because it was close to our home,and the water park. We liked that they collected the trash everyday and had the daily agenda for you when you arrived. The bathrooms and showers were clean.
Our 4 kids (11-15) were all kept entertained by the water park, putt putt, paintball, basketball, jumping pillow, and hiking trail down to the river. This last trip we booked another cabin for friends over July 4th weekemd, but our friends cancelled a few days before. We called Jellystone and they said they'd try to rent the cabin. They were able to rent for 2 nights and gave us credit for the last night. We were happy about that.
I dont think I'd stay longer than 3 days with kids in our agre range unless you have trips to Hershey or Lancaster planned.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hmgmba
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our 2nd and last time to go to this campground. Upon checking in for our 4 day stay the female owner really didn't have time to answer any of my questions and seemed stressed out and one of the other workers complained to her that somebody called over 2 hours ago and she is still waiting for a call back. So I guess she had other things to do than to deal with my family and I and the fact we just over 400 miles to get there, I thought I might get more than a key and "have a nice time, bye". My reservations said I was too get a "free gift" at check-in, seeing the mood of the owner, I thought she might bite my head off, so I decided not too push the issue and did not request it. With five of us it costs $241.25 a night for a Deluxe Cabin with the special price! If the place was $100-$150 a night it would be a good deal. But at that price, the only thing they have is a pool and small water park, a jump pillow, and a Bike track which is great for kids under 10.
The pool is only 3.6 feet deep and there are NO lifeguards. There are 2 young pool attendants checking ID bracelets but nobody will be watching your kids in the pool other than you. The pool does not open till 11AM and the line starts to form at 10:45am it is around 30 people deep by 11 trying to get a table with an umbrella. The pool attendant made announcements about the pool rules every morning and the first 5 people in line heard him so why he did it everyday...who knows.
The campground is not that big and there is no need for golf cart @ $55.00/day.
We did accidentally lock ourselves out of the cabin one day and had to go the front desk and ask for another key, when I returned it I tried to explain to the owner that the lock had a malfunction and needed to be atleast be looked at, so it might not happen again to someone else. She did not want to hear it and I left.
We were there Sun-Thurs, Boo-Boo showed up when we were leaving Thursday, my kids asked everyday where he was as they really wanted to see him. We have stayed at other Jellystone parks and have always seen different characters throughout the day which is nice. Not here once in the morning and that's it! The place was clean as well as the pool area was too. The grounds were nice but just priced themselves out for what you get for your money. I can imagine running a campground is a high stress job, but try to remember to be polite when dealing with customers or they won't return.

2  Thank edpeck
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is by far our favorite Yogi Bear Campground! It has an amazing waterpark and pool area, large jump pillow, paved pedal cart track and lots of family centered activities (most of which are included). The owners and employees are friendly and go out of their way to make sure a good time is had by all! Super clean and family friendly!

3  Thank doyles
Reviewed July 22, 2011

There are a few things to like about this camp ground but, for my family, the cons out weigh the pros and we won't be back. Perhaps the things that bothered me won't bother you but here is what I observed.

PROS: The water zone is so much fun. Not too big and not too small. The deluxe cabin I rented was so nice. The matresses were very firm like others said, but that didn't bother me. My sons, 8 and 10, really enjoyed the paint ball and lazer tag.

CONS: The water zone and most other things don't open until 11:00 am and there is not a lot to do until then. The play ground is very small and the planned activities were geared towards younger kids. We could have just sat around the pcnic table and played cards but the sites are too small and crowded. The little road was just a few feet from my table and the other campers were almost on top of me. It wasn't relaxing for us to be outside. The people in the cabin next to us crammed three cars, a golf cart and a tent on their tiny sliver of gravel. I felt very crowded out. Also, there was not so much as a blade of grass of a spec of shade where I was. Some of the other sites had saplings on them, though. I asked a staff member what time the pool opened and while she was answereing me in a perfectly friendly and professional way (pro), another employee interupted us and barked at me to just read the schedule (con). The pool attendants, not life guards btw, were trying thier best but when someone by me got a bad nose bleed, the pool attendant had no idea how to help him. That's a simple matter of training in my oppinion. I also witnessed other staff members being very impatient with a black family checking in before me but they were quite nice to caucasion me.

If you don't mind the crowding and if your kids are younger than mine, you may enjoy yourself.

Also, don't waste your money on a golf cart. Everything is pretty close together.

3  Thank bg68ec
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We flew from Kansas City and picked to stay at this Quarryville Jellystone based on our stays at other Jellystone parks. I have to say this is the nicest one we have stayed at yet. We stayed in a cabin PC4 with our almost 2 year old and 5 year old. It was extremely clean and looked to be very new. There were so many activities and the water park and pool area was perfect for our kids. The location was wonderful in the middle of the Amish community and during the days we visisted Dutch Wonderland, Hershey, buggy rides and so much more. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reveiws on the owners but honestly I have no idea who the owners were as everyone was extremely professional upon check in. Many of the activities and life guards appear to be high school age but are trained extremely well as they were always on task and appeared to be attending to the campground and visitors as their first priority. At check out I had to leave before they opened to catch our flight and one of the staff members found someone quickly to assist us with no issue. My only regret is that I left our DVD in the DVD player. Oddly it was the new Yogi Bear movie so I guess it made its way home. Although we won't be in the area again I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this park. We returned because we had such a wonderful family vacation the first time we wanted to extend our stay this time. The resort is fun with plenty to do. If you are bord it's your own fault. The resort is clean, staff are friendly and very helpful and I can't say enough about the management. The location is with in minutes of shopping and other various activites if you choose to got out. You have to give yourself enough time to enjoy all they have to offer It's not just a weekend stay. Paintball, lazer tag, water park, pool, bounce pillow, mining,mini golf and the list goes on and on see it for yourself no matter what your age something for everyone.

1  Thank ladhybug

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Quarryville? Share your experiences!