“Always good service and good food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
C.R. Lapps Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Quarryville
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I always eat here. They have the best chicken corn soup and their salad bar is nice. This place is very clean and the portion sizes are good. They are always busy and their servers are polite. It's not fancy, but it is good food for the money.

1  Thank Sthomas20

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Passing thru the area on business and the restaurant uptown (Quarryville Family Restaurant) was totally packed on a Friday morning, so out of hunger and desperation, we tried this place again.
It too was busy - in the middle of nowhere and busy on a Friday morning! So we thought - so many can't be so wrong...well, we were wrong.
Service was polite, but it took 25 minutes for our breakfasts to be served and that is after waiting about 10 minutes to order.
The food was typical diner food, I had two (small) pancakes with home fries. It gave me indegestion that took a couple of days to resolve. My husband had eggs, homefries and toast which he said was "just ok."
I think the key to this place is that there is only one competetior nearby and it is a small place.
We looked at the buffet but it was not appetizing, surprised they have "tater tots" as their potatoe on the buffet.
So, sticking with the original review, only we are determined - we will NOT be back.

2  Thank Lola1958
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I love eating at lapps! Great atmosphere, service & food! Never once had an issue. Best chicken corn soup I've ever tasted! Great place & highly recommended!!!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were passing through and stopped for breakfast around 9:00 today - Monday - not a busy time in this spacious restaurant. We were wondering if we didn't have a server when a server came to take our orders. She was not a kid, but it may be her first server job, or she was having a really bad day.

I ordered two blueberry pancakes, my spouse ordered eggs, home fries, toast. She seemed confused when my spouse ordered regular coffee, thought he was ordering regular pancakes?! Then she asked if he wanted onions in the home fries (for .35 extra), he declined. Our order took forever, then the server placed one blueberry pancake in front of me and said the other "is almost done." My husband's homefries were missing and he had to ask for them - server didn't notice, even after having asked if he wanted onions in them. It took a few minutes for the homefries to arrive. The second pancake appeared after I had finished the first one. Not one word of apology - just "oh...here you go."
Overall, a big disappointment. The pancakes were advertised as "fresh blueberry pancakes." The blueberries were tiny and few, I think perhaps they were canned. When we leave a place that doesn't deliver a good meal, for a fair price with good service, we look at each other and say "it's off the list." This place is definately "off the list."

1  Thank Lola1958
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is one of the best places to eat in Lancaster County! I LOVED the salad bar and all-you-can-eat spaghetti. There is also a bakery and gift shop attached where you can buy whoopie pies and other local specialties. The atmosphere here is very spacious and cheerful and the service is extremely friendly. The prices are good and the portion sizes are huge. You won't be disappointed here!