“Lets say 4.5 stars”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Delicious food. We took the waitress's advice and ordered the specials. My wife had a pork chop dish and I had meatloaf wrapped in a slice of bacon. Both were outstanding. I had a craft beer (great selection on tap as well as many other drink options.) Service was impeccable. Last night was noisy and I think that was unusual. We had visited twice before over the ears and I do not recall that

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (216)

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Went with friends for lunch and what a great little gem.
Huge beer sele tion of all kinds and I opted for the Irish breakfast.... absolutely wonderfull.
Great presentation and very very tasty.
We will be back

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Whether a formal sit down meal in this historic inn, a burger and a beer in the bar area or a summer evening on the deck, its always good.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

I didn't go expecting gourmet and I wasn't disappointed. The menu is interesting and creative but unfortunately it does not carry into the food. The chef/cook has a very heavy hand. I am a cheese lover but the onion soup with half an inch of elastic cheese was difficult to get through and I was unable to finish it. It also fell short of the description because there was no taste of the Guinness or Irish whiskey. Our sandwiches, Lamb Burger and Smoked Pig, were bland and soggy. The onion aioli drowned the burger (and tasted just like plain mayonnaise) and the pork, lacking smokey taste, was mushy with the coleslaw and soft bun.
The Tap Room has a nice atmosphere, being historic and a bit rustic, and the beer list is good with the craft selections separated by characteristic and taste. Would not recommend going for the food.

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

This is one of our go to places - hubby a bit of a beer snob and loves their selections! We both love there food. Shrimp and fries was awesome- had this awesome tuna app as well. Very good as always! Didn’t take a picture till I got to the last piece but it was gorgeous presented as well!

Date of visit: June 2019