“Good for Qtown”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad Street
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not many noteworthy places to eat in Qtown but here you can get a good meal. Their service is professional but their meal could use some inspiration.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in at dinner time for a light meal without making reservations. The restaurant was busy and we were told they had a lot of reservations but the hostess found us a spot rather quickly. We both decided on the Fish and Chips. The fish portions were small but very tasty. There were plenty of seasoned fries to make up for the smaller portions of fish. I didn't really expect much for $9, so I was actually pleased. I had a local craft beer that was excellent and my partner had a very good house red from Barefoot Vinyards. Not our first time and certainly not the last!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Expansive menu, nice staff, not expensive, interesting decor. We go there often and recommend it hightly. Casual dress is another great thing about this restaurant. The only negative would be parking - there isn't enough of it and we usually have to park some distance away - not fun on a cold day/night.

2  Thank PennsylvaniaGeneral
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Met some old friends there. Staff was adequate, food was average and, in my opinion, overpriced. The ambience is reminiscent of the two hundred year old buildings so prevalent in this area. The service and the menu should be tweaked up to compliment the old elegance of the building. Parking is very difficult

1  Thank Evelyn M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to try McCools lastnight with my sister & brother-in-law. We had eaten there once before outside and were pretty happy. The restaurant was packed so our table ended up in the middle of the room under a spot light. We asked the waitress if it could be dimmed.. she said ok but the lighting never changed. We were never asked if we'd like separate bills.. but we were not permitted to use two credit cards to split the bill. My husband and I took care if the bill to avoid an issue. When we questioned the waitress she stated she wasn't allowed to take two payments and walked away.. leaving us to figure it out. She never offered a solution or even an apology. She was young and obviously not trained enough. However we noticed there were several waitresses glaring over during this situation as we were next to their station and the kitchen. I didn't find their behavior helpful or professional. So the food was good however the night left a bad taste in our mouths. Too bad.

1  Thank joulesrules