“No concert during our visit” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Quakertown
Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“No concert during our visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Another place wildly over rated. Yes, part of the original restaurant is old, but most of both buildings are recent.

Again, terrible service as I had to explain three times I wanted black decaf with a spoon. Refills had to be begged for, even sending the host in search of our spacey waiter to get a bill.

I noticed other servers at other tables gave better service, but even though the place was pretty empty, no one got good service that I saw.

Food quality was ordinary, thus greatly overpriced.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Richard L

Detroit, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Hangout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food here is great, Music is excellent! We enjoyed this place and will revisit it very soon, when we come back in the Fall. Quakertown is a great place to visit and so much to see.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank BakerBums
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“islandmomma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

love the new patio at McCoole's. the music is always top notch and I like the idea that you can order sandwiches or a full course dinner. Staff is usually attentive.

Visited August 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Blown Away - Music, Service, and Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went to the John Hammond Concert on June 20th. I have never been to anything like this before.

I was greated at the front door and was given my ticket and program and then went up the stairs for the complimentary Barefoot Bubbly, prior to the show. I did not know what to expect, since I have never went to a venue like that before for a concert.

When the show started, I had a seat in the 4th row in the center. I was so close, I saw the beads of sweat rolling off John Hammond's head as he was blowing away on his harmonica. My friend and I really enjoyed the show, the service, and I really left having this strange high that I haven't had before at other concerts. I can't quite put my finger on it, but It was just cool.

I hope to go to another show soon to try to see some nice shows in a cool place.

Visited June 2013