“I wish I could rate it higher!”
Review of Karlton Cafe

Karlton Cafe
Ranked #21 of 96 Restaurants in Quakertown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Here at the karlton Cafe we believe in fresh ingredients & produce.The Chef travels to the market weekly to pick the items which are on the menu. With a weekly dinner menu, the Chef is able to use the best products made available.Were open 7 days a week:Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 8am-2pm breakfast & lunchThursday, Friday & Saturday 8am-9pm breakfast, lunch & Dinnerand Sundays with a bangin' brunch menu!We'll see you soon :)
Reviewed March 21, 2013

First of all, the food was excellent. I had soup and salad, both very tasty. The interior of the restaurant is adorable and being my first time eating there, I was pleased by my initial impression.

However, the kitchen is open to the room. While I know what "goes on behind the scenes" in many restaurants and I am not a cleanliness freak - I was close to being grossed out by the end of my meal. All food was prepared with bare hands, including tossing my salad - by people who were EATING the whole time they cooked. I watched someone stand and lick a baking bowl and spoon (thank goodness I saw him wash it after!) while my food was prepared. The waitress, who was extremely nice, grabbed croutons with her bare hands (after taking orders, cleaning tables etc) and put them on my plate. I never saw them wash in between their actions. I just tried to avoid watching as much as possible...I truly wanted to say something to someone privately before I left but never had the chance. I hope they clean up their act because I really would love to eat there again.

2  Thank willtravel38

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Their menu is very non-dinerish, it is a REAL breakfast - the kind you want when you aren't cooking it. The fresh squeezed orange juice can make your mouth water as you walk in the door. The fresh made spreads are also very yummy!
The "pricey" reviews out here must not be taking into account the quality of the meal. This is NOT a line cook at the diner. These are professionally made. A huge difference. I also read "burned eggs", well I know the wait staff is top notch and they would've never let you leave unhappy. If anything is not to your liking - speak up!
I believe they have (or maybe are) adding dinners on the weekend, not sure.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just finished our brunch. Really great place, unique and diverse menu selections. Yes, they are more pricy considering there audience is quakertown, but everything (breads, jams, peanut butter, meats, eggs, etc) is house-made or locally sourced. A higher quality meal will be a higher price. We have had really great experiences there, staff are all super nice, including the chef. The food is awesome. Peanut butter French toast wipes me out for the day, but I can resist it, it's too good. We will be back for many more meals. Can't say enough nice things about them in general- great food, but also great people

1  Thank badbrowndog
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is located in the center of town. It use to be an old movie theater years ago when I was a kid. The food is great and everything is fresh. The prices are a little high. You can sit out front when the weather is nice. Alot of nice stores up and down the street

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We haven't beein the Karlton Cafe for a few years and we decided to give it a go. We had the most wonderful meal. We sat in a booth and watched them make our freshly prepared dinners. My husband had a pulled pork, apple sausage, potato pancake stuffed with apples combination and I had chicken with white wine sauce with orzo and fresh artichoke. 5 star rating. My husband then had a chocolate chip cheesecake which he absolutely loved.