“Local Charm Hidden in Quiet Downtown”
Review of Karlton Cafe

Karlton Cafe
Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Quakertown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Here at the karlton Cafe we believe in fresh ingredients & produce.The Chef travels to the market weekly to pick the items which are on the menu. With a weekly dinner menu, the Chef is able to use the best products made available.Were open 7 days a week:Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 8am-2pm breakfast & lunchThursday, Friday & Saturday 8am-9pm breakfast, lunch & Dinnerand Sundays with a bangin' brunch menu!We'll see you soon :)
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Growing up in Quakertown, I have become accustomed to the local 309 restaurants (Quakertown Family Restaurant, John's, and Hobo's) so I knew it would be a stretch asking my Grandma to try someplace new and join me at Karlton Cafe . . . well, we had an excellent breakfast and we both agreed hands down that it was better than any of the local 309 restaurants! I had an omlete with the best bacon ever and homefries that were super flavorful! The fact that they offer sourdough bread with homemade jam as an option was an added bonus! My Grandma had cream dried beef which was perfectly seasoned (aka, not salty!) and the dried beef was chopped up so it's flavor filled the cream.

My Grandma had mentioned ahead of time that she would prefer to sit in the upstairs in a booth (versus in their lower dining area) and they were very accomodating to us in meeting her request. I loved that you sit right in front of the chef as he prepares your meal and he even personally asked us how we enjoyed it!

My only complaint would be the volume level of the music they were playing. The restaurant is quite small and the booths were full so the noise level from the wait staff and patrons was already pretty decent and having music playing loudly in the background made it hard to hear. Don't get me wrong, I like music, I just would have liked it at a lower volume.

I should mention too that if you are a dessert lover, there seem to be quiet a few great options at their counter for purchase . . . the banana chocolate chip cake with peanut butter icing looked heavenly and may have me back there later this afternoon! :-)

Overall, this is an excellent location for breakfast and I am sure other meals as the menu sounded great! It is a little pricier than the other local restaurants but in my opinion, well worth the increased cost!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food was OK but expensive. This is Quakertown, not Paris. You would think that if you spend $13 on a special breakfast entree and another 2.50 on tea the they would throw in home fries, but that is not the case. Home fries are a separate $2.50 item that they try to push on you.

Another thing--it seems like they are trying for a rustic "country kitchen" kind of look, what with the various food items being stacked up in piles around the chef and uncovered, including the salmon cream cheese filling for the omelettes. Why would someone be compelled to try the mufflins which are out in the open with flies buzzing around? Get some covers for the food--just a suggestion.

It seems like this place is still trying to get it together.

1  Thank sonofdevildan
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I don't know how you can burn eggs and have the nerve to serve them. But that was the last time we ate there. Seriously eggs are expensive - throw them away and start over.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We happened on Karlton's Cafe by accident so to speak and were so glad we did.
They had a lot of home made things including the fresh squeezed OJ which was delicious.
We were seated outside on a day betweens heat waves here in the east and each had a delightful egg breakfast, me benedict, hubby an omelette. Service was friendly and good
and the price was reasonable..