“Worst $444 for two nights EVER spent!!!”

SpringHill Suites Quakertown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Quakertown
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a copy of the email I just sent to Marriott. The room itself was nice, but the experience was horrible....

Please understand that I don't typically give this type of feedback but felt as though you should know why I will never stay at one of your hotels again. I just stayed at your Springhill Suites - Marriot in Quakertown, PA and it was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. When I was booking my reservations online all I requested was a quiet room. After I got done driving 8 hours to my hotel I wanted to sleep before my Christmas celebrations with my friends and family back home. At the time of check in I once again requested that my room be quiet due to lots of travel. Shortly after check in the a large group of people took the rooms next to me which is fine. The problem is that the room next to mine was the party room and there were kids and people constantly coming in and out while shouting and partying. Around 2 am I actually counted the door opening and slamming shut 48 times in on hour and this was going on from 6pm - 4am my first night there, and it was the same way the next night. I called the front desk 4 separate times in 2 days and all they did was ask them to quiet down, which did not work. I asked to switch rooms and there weren't any others available. I paid top price for one of the best whirlpool rooms you had and couldn't relax one bit and I also couldn't sleep since the partying was going on from 6pm-4am both nights. I'm a store manager for a very large company and simply don't complain like this, but I felt as though I should at least let you know of my experience incase you wanted to try to save me as a future customer since I spent $444 for two nights of horror. Even if you don't, you should at least know of my experience at this particular hotel. My confirmation number was.....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank vincent b

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I picked this hotel because it was near my relatives, had an indoor pool & fitness center & was a "suite' (actually a large divided room with 2 queens and a sofabed). The decor was surprisingly modern/tasteful, it was clean and new, the breakfast was pretty good. The pool & fitness center were small but nice. The staff was friendly. The only issue was that Saturday morning (we stayed 2 nights) it took them a while to replenish the breakfast food. And the price for 4 of us including breakfast was $125!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all the rooms are the same. We were on the top floor which was really quiet-- t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nycjem
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Thirty minutes before breakfast to end: no eggs, no meat, no oatmeal, no fruit, no pastries, no bagels. A colossal mess.
Only about 20 people eating. Day after Thanksgiving. No business travelers. No bus or convention in town, just MONUMENTALLY POOR management and incredibly lazy workers.
Meat came, added undercooked sausage to 2 inch pool of grease.
Manager made excuses, did not fix or help or get help.
3 housekeepers came thru for OJ, no one cleaned a thing. One had two little kids in tow. Garbage overflowing with teen boy letting things fall on floor in front of worker, does nothing. Worst breakfast ever for any brand in any city, let alone for a Spring Hill which is middle tier.
Room was nice, because Spring Hill is.
The absolute incompetence and blatant disregard for providing service and cleaning at breakfast, make me worry if anything is cleaned right here.
This hotel reminded me of lazy teenagers with upper middle class parents - Nice house, but no one was working and no one cared.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Wow.
Late nite, walk-up, one night stay.
Wish it could have been all week.
Room was awesome..rather Asian in design, and really nice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

What an amazing surprise. I never expect much from "suites" hotels, since so many are merely slightly larger versions of a regular hotel room. But this hotel blew me away.

First off, the interior design is gorgeous -- modern and comfortable. From the moment you walk in until the moment you leave, the feel is sleekly luxurious. The rooms are great -- you enter to see a nice microwave, bar, and small fridge set that's set up usefully as well as looks good. The sitting area has a couch/chaise combo as well as a nice desk with a great, comfortable desk chair -- the office is glassed off from the bedroom, actually creating a feeling of two separate rooms. There are 2 separate bathroom areas, each with sliding doors for privacy; one has the toilet and a small sink, the other has a lovely glass shower with a larger sink.

The bed was amazingly comfortable, pillows were great, and having the iHome dock for iPods was a lovely touch. The large flatscreen TV is set on the dresser and swivels so you can watch from the couch or the bed without issue. There's also a little bed-table for the side without a nightstand, which I found fun. Closet was a fine size, good hangers, and the other room amenities were on par with any other good hotel.

One problem you run into in most hotel rooms is a lack of electrical plugs. Not here. There were actually more plugs available than I could use -- a first. Lighting was good, easy to use and easy to find. I could have happily stayed in this room for an extended stay and not felt unhappy or cramped in the least.

The complimentary breakfast is great -- hot dishes as well as the standards of cold cereals, yogurt, and fruit, and more -- very plentiful and good selection and options. Coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate were available 24/7. The pool is very small, but heated, and the whirlpool was very good. The exercise room is also small, but still has some good equipment in it.

Staff were wonderful, front desk clerk Christine in particular. Parking is plentiful, elevator works well, hotel was very clean.

Only downside is that there is no restaurant or bar in the hotel. The feel of this place puts it on par with the pricier chains, so you honestly sort of expect there to be a restaurant and bar, just because a Hyatt or Hilton would have them. This "lack" wasn't a problem for me, though others in my group would have liked these amenities.

I was with a group and so we had an even lower price than this hotel normally charges. I'd have felt I'd gotten more than my money's worth at the regular hotel room cost, but for what we paid it was like being given a gift.

I've had a few unhappy hotel experiences this year, but this one more than made up for the others. I'm hoping this is a standard for Springhill Suites all over, but if you're anywhere near Quakertown, PA, this is the hotel to choose, even if you have a little drive to get there.

Room Tip: There are only 3 floors, the elevator is quiet, and the ice/drink machines are with the elevator, so...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The building is beautiful! The room was perfect for the 3 of us traveling! The beds felt amazing after a 13 HR ride! The only complaint was the pool and hottub was unavailable at the time. I was looking forward to it. Great experience!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is by far one of the best we ever stayed at and I have been to many hotels....I was surprised by the negative reviews - perhaps the hotel was updating. We had a suite and it was awesome...spotless clean. There was a sitting area with flat screen that can be seen from bed or sitting area. Fast computer connection...they also had free internet, free breakfast (the breakfast hostess did a great job) Fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs - even a waffle maker. Cannot beat the price. The staff was totally amazing from the front desk to the cleaning person! Located about an hour from Philly airport and minutes away from shopping center in Quakertown. They even have a Dunkin downstairs but trust me, you won't need to spend any money on coffee Holiday Inn Express has free coffee 24/7. I would not stay anywhere else. This is my hotel for all travel to PA! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quakertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quakertown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown Bethlehem Center Valley
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to SpringHill Suites Quakertown? Share your experiences!