“Wonderful!”

SpringHill Suites Quakertown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Quakertown
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The building is beautiful! The room was perfect for the 3 of us traveling! The beds felt amazing after a 13 HR ride! The only complaint was the pool and hottub was unavailable at the time. I was looking forward to it. Great experience!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is by far one of the best we ever stayed at and I have been to many hotels....I was surprised by the negative reviews - perhaps the hotel was updating. We had a suite and it was awesome...spotless clean. There was a sitting area with flat screen that can be seen from bed or sitting area. Fast computer connection...they also had free internet, free breakfast (the breakfast hostess did a great job) Fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs - even a waffle maker. Cannot beat the price. The staff was totally amazing from the front desk to the cleaning person! Located about an hour from Philly airport and minutes away from shopping center in Quakertown. They even have a Dunkin downstairs but trust me, you won't need to spend any money on coffee Holiday Inn Express has free coffee 24/7. I would not stay anywhere else. This is my hotel for all travel to PA! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

New hotel with excellent amenities. Not much to do close by, but if you're in this area (I was there for a wedding), this is a great place to stay. Rooms were well setup, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near the exit on the first floor. The door closes loudly and woke us up eve...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Muskoka District, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Excellent Marriott experience. L arge, modern suite scrupulously clean and well appointed. Buffet breakfast, pool, workout room at an affordable price. Wireless in common area a bit spotty in my room but free.

• Stayed August 2011
pa
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Upon arrival we waited approx 5 to 7 minutes to check in. I had to CALL the hotel from the LOBBY to get someone to the lobby to check us in. . He was not happy but neither was I. Considering I was the customer and all.
Rooms are trendy and modern but layout is awkward at best unless you are solo. .As mentioned the frosty glass in the bath rm (s) that is right in the bed room, did not work well for privacy or for restful sleeping. When my daughter & son had to go tinkle in the middle of the night , the light shines right on the bed and wakes you up. I tinkled in the dark so I did not disturb anyone. Awkward!! Very weird layout. The room was super hot when we checked in and took a good 1 1/2 hours before it was comfy. All then room are laid out like this which I found surprising. There were no alternatives rms to choose from. It woukd be ok if your solo but more then 1 person.... It just does not work well.

My daughter went down to ask for menus and said the 2 men (front desk) were arguing loudly for about 5 minutes before they even realized she was there.

Breakfast was meh. Eggs were super nuked but they did have sausage, ham, yogurt, waffles and good coffee.

Having stayed at the Holiday Inn express when they first opened, I would have to say prefer the HI as far as first impressions go.

Marriot is usally better then that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I can always rely on a Springhill Suites. Property is fairly new and rooms are clean with good beds. This is the place to stay in the area. I book this through my travel agent so she can check the different rates and get me the best one. Breakfast is included but with Dunkin Donuts next door, I have never tried it. Great parking and lobby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night because we were attending a wedding nearby. This was our first time at a SpringHill, though we've stayed at other Marriott properties in the past. We weren't overly impressed by the hotel but would probably stay again if we needed a room in that area.

The SpringHill is located at the Quakertown interchange of I-476. It is only a few minutes from Rt. 309 and downtown Quakertown. All rooms in this hotel are suites, so there is a separate living area with a desk, a mini-fridge, and microwave. I would guess that the layout is better for solo business travelers because of the separate workspace, but we found the room to be awkward for our purposes.

Instead of one bathroom of average size, there is a tiny room with only a toilet, pedestal sink, and mirror, and a second room with a walk-in shower, sink, larger mirror, and some counter space. As mentioned in other reviews, both bathrooms are separated from the bedroom by frosted sliding glass doors. If someone is using the bathroom, you can both see their shadow and hear what they are doing in there...not good if you're entertaining guests in your room, which we did.

There was a lot of closet space but no real table apart from the desk and a small coffee table, so eating in your room isn't all that comfortable. The bed, on the other hand, was quite comfortable.

Like the rooms, the lobby has a strange layout. I believe they do have breakfast down there, but we didn't take advantage of that. They also have a small gym and a pool, but we didn't use those facilities either. There is a Dunkin Donuts and a Wawa within walking distance, but you have to get in your car to reach much more than that.

If you're looking for a clean place to stay for a night or two and the location works for you, this is a decent option. If you're staying longer than that, you might want to consider other places. The bathroom situation and the room layout were too inconvenient for me to stand for a longer period of time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IceGurlie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quakertown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quakertown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#3 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to SpringHill Suites Quakertown? Share your experiences!