“Magical”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punxsutawney
Plantation Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Punxsutawney B&B and Inns
East Tilbury, United Kingdom
“Magical”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I were doing a road-trip around PA while visiting from England. It was great to come across this lovely B&B after several nights in chain motels. We stayed in the Groundhog Suite and it was perfect for us. Sadly, my husband had been dealing with a unsettled tummy bug and having the little sitting room in the suite really gave us privacy and comfort.

The house itself is absolutely beautiful. Julie has truly put her heart into creating a welcoming and warming atmosphere. She also gives the guest the sense of being part of the house even for a short visit with each room having it's own journal so that previous guests can leave their memories and experiences for future visitors. I spent a lovely half an hour reading thru the journal in our room and it left me with such a warm glow. The whole house just radiates calm, giving a great place just to visit and stay for this reason only.

We loved exploring the gardens, especially walking thru the small wooded area to get to the magical stone labyrinth, where there was a book tucked away in a box hanging on the nearby tree for guests to share feelings and ideas. I left a short poem inspired by the walk around the labyrinth.

Another wonderful experience was that we were visiting at just the right time of the year to be entranced by the migrating humming birds. Julie had feeders set out for these amazing birds just by the veranda and they whizzed in and out, flashing their green bodies and red throats.

It was truly a fantastic stay and well worth another visit in the future. We can not wait to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Langhorne, PA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had never stayed in a B&B before, but choices were limited in Punxy. The property is magnificent and Julie (the owner) has lovingly restored and decorated everything with an eye towards warmth, comfort and peace. We stayed in the Groundhog Suite which was 2 rooms with private bath. The bed was so comfy I had the best night's sleep of our entire 8-night vacation. The small loveseat in the sitting area was a bit too deep for our liking, but that's strictly a matter of personal preference. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and a special treat after having had 'hotel' breakfast buffets up til then. I don't know if we'll ever do another B&B, but I'm afraid that if we do, it'll never live up to the fabulous experience we had at the Plantation!

Room Tip: If multiple rooms are available, I'd ask the owner (Julie) for her recommendation. But if only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this lovely B&B last night and were delighted with the attention to detail, spotless rooms, the exquisite decorations, the comfortable beds, and the beautiful grounds. Jules, the ultimate hostess, prepared a delicious and varied breakfast for our group of six this morning. We cannot wait to return for another stay. Thanks Jules!

Room Tip: If you taste her blueberry jam at breakfast you'll be sure to take some home. What a treat!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, NV
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had three rooms and spent three nights with Julie at The Plantation. I actually feel that were we to live near each other we would become BFFs. The time and expertise Julie has put into the bed and breakfast in the past 15 years has made it so special that, personally, I didn't want to leave. She is such a lovely individual and her heart and soul shows up throughout the home. What a lovely place to stay! It is far from the madding crowd!

Each day, a different and fabulous breakfast was served. Julie truly enjoys what she does there. She spent many years refining the experience for her guest. Even the sugar had netting weighted by beads gently hanging over the sugar bowl.

We had three very comfortable nights there and look forward to returning again!

Thanks so very much, Julie for a truly enjoyable and unforgettable B &B experience for all of us!

Ruth & Larry

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth S
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Driving thru Amish land from Smicksburg to Lancaster - located on top of a hill, Julie has for 15 years put her heart and soul into converting this old farm house into a unique B&B, which is difficult to leave, once one has slept in their great beds, and enjoyed the exquisite breakfast

• Stayed April 2013
Temecula, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My mom and I recently stayed here for my aunts funeral in punxsutawney we were feeling emotionally drained and Julie made our stay wonderfully healing. Her warmth and kind spirit gave us a sense of well being and made us feel immediately welcomed. Her cooking is superb we woke to fresh blueberry pancakes oven baked bacon scrambled eggs and stewed garden picked tomatoes and gourmet coffee with fresh cream. Oh and did I mention to die for French toast. The beds were so comfy I could barely drag myself out of bed! Thanks Julie for a 5 star deluxe stay

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank P A
julie888777, Owner at Plantation Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay in my home and if you enjoy your stay, than I have accomplished what I set out to do, and that is spoil my guests and make them feel at home. Julie
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is our second time staying at the plantation and we plan on returning for many years to come. The house is very charming and the grounds are magnificent. We walked the grounds in the early morning and enjoyed the sweeping views of the countryside. The rooms were very comfortable - we stayed in the English room and the Australia room. And last but not least, the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punxsutawney
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Punxsutawney
Hampton Inn Dubois
Hampton Inn Dubois
#2 of 10 in DuBois
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois

Been to Plantation Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!