“Charming b&b in the rolling hills of pa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plantation Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punxsutawney
Plantation Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Punxsutawney B&B and Inns
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Charming b&b in the rolling hills of pa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is our second time staying at the plantation and we plan on returning for many years to come. The house is very charming and the grounds are magnificent. We walked the grounds in the early morning and enjoyed the sweeping views of the countryside. The rooms were very comfortable - we stayed in the English room and the Australia room. And last but not least, the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Plantation B&B was a very pleasant surprise in Punxsutawney. Immediately one gets the sense of a well-loved space that is authentically and artfully decorated with Julie's artifacts from her well-traveled life. We felt immediately at home in this lovingly tended jewel. We stayed in the Mediterranean Room which is on the third floor. It has wonderful nooks and Julie's made the most of every inch --- which is not to say that it's cluttered or haphazard .... rather it (as all the house appeared to be) was tastefully and graciously appointed with a spirited decor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
julie888777, Owner at Plantation Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I really do get the most interesting people coming through my home and I enjoy talking to them and listening to all their interesting stories. I'm happy to be able to share my home and garden with so many people. Julie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Plantation Inn is a beautiful house with several rooms each with a different theme. We spent 3 nights in the African room, this room has a very soft bed. We liked the decorating for the whole house as well as the grounds with a gazebo, a meditation garden and a veranda which was really an outdoor living room. Breakfast was very good but it was set out and Julie disappeared. When it was gone, it was gone. We did not see Julie very often which seemed odd to me. She never asked how we slept, if we needed any ideas; we found more out from other guests. At one time there were 2 used wine glasses left in the dining area for over a day. If you like a beautiful house with little interaction with the owner you will be happy here. I'm sorry to say it is not the place for us.

Room Tip: Check to see what kind of a bed the room has if you prefer a certain type of mattress.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mrs_Meunier
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I do not always get into long conversations with guests because some people come hear to enjoy the peace and quiet and don't want me hanging around talking incessantly to them. So I let the guests decide whether or not they want to have a conversation with me. Julie
MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Every time we stay with Julie at the Plantation Bed and Breakfast, she keeps improving and continuously renovating this old brick home. The grounds are nice and well kept. This time we stayed in the attic room, the Mediterranean Room. I personally liked the room since it was separate from the other guest rooms and had a nice built in seating area along the windows in the room. I caution you that the ceiling is slanted on one side since it is the third floor, but I'm short so this did not bother me at all. The shower in the bathroom is new and all tiled, very nice. The down side is that the electric went out while we were there and there is no backup generator. But knowing Julie, she'll probably invest in one. Also, she makes the best blueberry pancakes I've ever had! :)

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank dutashark
Sunnyvale, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

What can I say. This was our 4th year at Plantation B&B for groundhog's day. Julie is a wonderful host, and the food is wonderful especially the "High Tea". We have met some wonderful couples over the last 4 years and some are return guests. We have a standing reservation for Groundhog's Day as long as I can make it to celebrate my birthday.

You could not ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pammerkin
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed in the Hunters Lodge on the property of the B&B we were in for a wedding..the house held all 7 of us comfortably, and we LOVED the decor throughout the Lodge. Julie is an excellent owner, and she was wonderful and sent a confirmation (as I requested) to my email 5 minutes after we'd booked the lodge. We are definately planning on makeing a return trip here. This is a hidden gem--do not pass up a chance to stay here!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the lodge 2 rooms upstairs and 2 rooms downstairs with a full bath both upstairs a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CBrady-Quarrick
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely stay at the Plantation Bed and Breakfast for one night.My husband has always wanted to visit Punxsatawney as "Groundhog Day" is his favorite movie. What a lovely inn Julia has created. She is so gracious, and the inn is warm and inviting. The Christmas decorations were beautiful, and we so enjoyed her delicious breakfast! We would love to visit here again!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank MiniCoop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punxsutawney
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Punxsutawney
#7 of 10 in DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
Comfort Suites DuBois
#4 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Plantation Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!