“A town dedicated to Phil”
Review of Gobbler's Knob

Gobbler's Knob
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the place to go to visit Phil and find out whether he sees his shadow come February 2nd.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the place where thousands gather around early in the morning of February 2. Tour busses start to pick up those who want to be there for the yearly historical event from 3 a.m. on and generally thousands witness the waking up of Phil and his weather predictions.

All over the town of Punxsutawney there are statues in honor of Phil. He resides the rest of the year in a public library where people can view him through a window. However there was no Phil when we visited him. Has he been kidnapped?

1  Thank Robby G C
There are newer reviews for Gobbler's Knob

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was fun to see the place. I now know what they are talking about when its on the news in Feb.
I think it is well maintained.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was interesting. I think it would score higher had it been on February 2nd. They say it is something special to be a part of when Phil is there.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visited here for the Groundhog Day celebration. Here is my honest review.

PROS:

- People have an obviously good time while being frozen on this hill.
- It's fun to see news vans there. Reminds me of the film.
- I love that they do fireworks in the middle of the night to keep you awake.

CONS:

- One of the local police officers was REALLY grumpy people and don't treat tourists well. I was driving down a really tight alley and a police officer drove up in a car in front of us and just stopped. There was very little room to go around. He came out of his vehicle and told us to drive past him. When I said I didn't feel comfortable driving next to him, he got all cocky and put a flashlight in our faces. My best friend's mom finally said, "Son, please be respectful and help us to pass." I think he felt ashamed at that point and he backed up. Wow... I have never met a more rude officer who needed to show how he was "the man." It definitely put a negative memory and impression of Punxsutawney in my brain. Unfortunate.
- Parking is very hard to find.
- Walking up the hill can be difficult. You might want to take a shuttle if you have a hard time hiking up an incline.
- The entertainment is really weird/boring.
- It can get REALLY cold. Bundle up.
- The big bonfire can be an ultimate fail. They seemed to have a hard time keeping it lit and/or they might have just been trying to smoke some fish. ;)
- The food was not good. Bring your own.
- Everyone leaves IMMEDIATELY after Phil is revealed. It's amazing.

1  Thank rikerwt
Reviewed June 26, 2013

i went when groundhog's day was nowhere near, just to see what the place was all about. there is absolutely nothing to do in punxsutawney, pa but gobbler's knob. the metal sculptures and the whole theme they have set up is a lot of fun. definitely worth the time to go see for yourself.

1  Thank yayitsyatesie