“Not Impressed”
Review of Trieste Restaurant

Trieste Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trieste Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Trieste Italian Restaurant!! Family owned and operated since 1960, Trieste Italian Restaurant has been a local mainstay for 54 years and a dining tradition for its customers. Here you can learn more about our extensive menu and also how to plan your next gathering - Trieste is the perfect place for any occasion. Trieste Italian Restaurant is a Delaware County favorite and a recipient of hundreds of awards over the years. We have been the recipient of the Delaware County Daily Times "Best of Delco" Award for five years, winning for Best Italian, Best Family and Best Overall Restaurant. Come have dinner with us and experience what it is like to have a homecooked meal at a true independent and locally owned restaurant. Please take a moment to search our website and learn all about what the Trieste Italian Restaurant has to offer.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was here over the weekend, specifically Saturday evening. I had with me 2 people who were running the marathon the next day & they wanted to "carb up". While they ate the carbs, both the taste of the food & the service we received was way below what we expected, especially for the previous ratings that were posted as well as the cost of the meal.

We saw our server only 4 times - to place the order, deliver the food & give us the bill & return the credit card after processing the payment. We ran out of water, were never checked in on at all during the meal. The restaurant was not too busy for her to not be in touch with us. All 3 of us at one point in time in our lives have been restaurant servers. I seriously considered not tipping the server at all, but refrained from being so rude.

All 3 of us did not find good flavoring in our food. The salad was pathetic - only iceberg lettuce, a few shredded carrots, a beet, a small slice of cheese & 1 pepperoni - my daughter's salad looked a bit better with a bit more coloring of more carrots, but no pepperoni. The menu states an additional 50 cents for tomato on the salad - wow -we were shocked by this as well.

Sorry for the honest review of a lack-luster experience.

• Visited November 2013
Anthony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Calorie Y,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. I must admit, we were quite disappointed to hear that you did not have the experience you had anticipated while dining with us and further disappointed to not have learned about it sooner. As you note, it sounds as if your experience was very different from what which our other customers have experienced and not common.

We pride ourselves in our service and I have taken your feedback to every server in the restaurant as a reminder of the importance of balancing service with our customer’s desire for intimacy/time during dinner.

As for your meal I am disappointed that the flavoring and complimentary salad was not appealing to your group. We have homemade recipes, made from scratch each time an order is placed, which we have been refining for over 50 years and are disappointed they did not have the flavor you expected. I am sorry I was unaware of your dissatisfaction; I certainly would have liked the opportunity to prepare you another entrée while with us.

To make it in this business means to listen to your customers. I hope you will trust that this is not our normal feedback and I would appreciate if you could give me a call at the restaurant so I can learn more about your experience and meal choices so that I can make sure to properly address the feedback. I am available 7 days a week at 610-534-8191

Tony

Linwood, New Jersey, United States
“Family in from out-of-town, good find!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Did some research online and found Trieste Restaurant close to the Philadelphia Airport. This little family owned gem, just 5 miles from the hotel was very accommodating with our party or six. We didn't have a reservation but found several large parties dining last night at this restaurant. We were recognized and warmly greeted by the owners, Anthony & Paulette Polselli. Suzanne, our server, was especially efficient, friendly and professional. From the appetizers to deserts each course is prepared with fresh ingredients and made to order. They willingly modify the preparation of an item to suit one's preference. We were especially pleased with the personal attention from Paulette the owner and Suzanne our server. Dated yet clean, good menu selection, generous portions, affordability & friendly staff.

• Visited November 2013
Anthony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your experience at Trieste. And let you know how we appreciate your comments. We strive to make please everyone and make them comfortable when visiting our Restaurant. Hope to see you again in the future .
All of us at your neighborhood Restaurant Trieste Since 1960
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
“Great food and value for the money.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been going to the Trieste for years, and it has great traditional Italian food, like eggplant
parmegian, spaghetti with red clam sauce, baked lasagna and rigatoni, etc. The appetizers, like fried calamari and stuffed mushrooms, are also very good.

The service here is superb, very friendly and efficient. The food is good value for the money.

The only thing I don't like is they always put a big sliced beet on top of the salad. I would much
prefer they put a large sliced cucumber on top, I don't like beets.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank burkewhb
philadelphia
“The Trieste isn't what it use to be”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I went to the Trieste for dinner last week and I was unfortunately disappoiinted. The service was okay but the food was blah. Other than the scallops, the food was bland and at one point we both agreed that the sauce had a dishwater tatste to it. The room which we were seated smelled and the lighting should have been more dim not to show the age of the restaurant. I also found it weird that when the seated new customers they put the patrons right next to each other instead of giving them some privacy. It was not busy at all and could have gone every other table.

I use to love eating here, but I think we are going to look elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great hospitality and food”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family and I recently ate at Trieste's and I can say that it was a great experience. The Owners are good people, the server we had was very polite and gave us great service, and the food was very good. I ate a steak with veggies and some other things and the steak melted in my mouth and had just the right seasoning. My Whole family enjoyed themselves.

• Visited December 2012