“Not a great hotel, but cheap”
Review of Ramada Pottsville

Ramada Pottsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pottsville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not a great hotel, but cheap”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It's the only game in town. The hotel was cheap. A/C was not on in the common areas (including the gym). Key stopped working at one point. A/C in room needed to be reset. Cleaning staff rode the non-service elevator.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Heather H, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pottsville, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Miss Caitlin Y,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I will accelerate your comment about the AC unit to verify if it is in good working condition and also about the issue with the keys that stopped working. I hope it that the housekeeping staff that took the elevator did not cause you any discomfort to you. however, I will submit your feedback to our management so that this matter is evaluated and addressed accordingly.

Thank you for your business and I hope we could have another opportunity to offer you improved services in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waynesboro
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. Reviews on Priceline made this hotel sound decent, but I knew I'd made a mistake by booking a room at this hotel immediately after checking-in and walking into the elevator... it smelled terrible and looked dirt. The room smelled weird and felt dirty as well. The small throw pillow on the bed had stains, but the worst part was the blood stain that I found on the comforter!! I took a picture of the stains, but can't figure out how to attach them to this review. In the morning, when I told the girl at the front desk about the blood stain, her response was "sorry about that." Seriously!? I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!

• Stayed June 2014
Heather H, General Manager at Ramada Pottsville, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We would like to express our deepest regret for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember during your stay with us. It is our goal to show our guests that we are sincere in giving quality service that is why your feedback regarding the unpleasant room condition is most troubling to hear. Please know that this matter will be meticulously evaluated so that it may be given its due correction. Thank you for sharing this experience to us, and giving us an opportunity to correct it in the best possible way. We hope to give you pleasant memories to remember, should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Pottsville hotels

Pottsville
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Air conditioner throughout the Ramada did not work. The reason why I even rated this a 1 was because the very nice staff had to endure with us. I had to stay 3 days due to our meetings being held there. I became very ill due to the heat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Heather H, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pottsville, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I believe this was the old J C Penny building in downtown Pottsville - The renovation was poorly done - The lobby was musty, carpet in the hallway was not secured to the floor and the room was plain awful

Trying for quaint and missing the point is one thing but being ill kept and dirty is simple negligence

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. It is our primary aim to give you a five star experience and it is disheartening to hear that this is not the impression we left you with.Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.
Pottsville
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was pleased the evening I checked in, but the next morning was fairly bad. The in-room coffee dispenser was not only dirty with dried coffee residue, but dusty. Clearly it had not been cleaned in some time. I left my room to go down to the "continental plus" breakfast for my coffee fix. "Plus" turns out to mean "open boxes of frozen food in the nearby kitchen if you want anything beyond continental." At least I got my coffee, which was fine. Returning to my room, my key card didn't work, which meant I had to trek back down to the front desk for a solution. The final straw is the way I was advertised-to at every turn, regarding the hotel chain's rewards program. I payed you to stay here, not to for an opportunity to hear more sales pitches!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Kevin M
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I assure you that each issue mentioned such as the dirty coffee dispenser and key card not functioning is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. We hope to see you again soon without experiencing these issues again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Comfort Inn & Suites Barnesville - Frackville
Knights Inn Pine Grove
Knights Inn Pine Grove
#3 of 4 in Pine Grove

Been to Ramada Pottsville? Share your experiences!