“Very Wasteful With Water”
Review of Ramada Pottsville

Ramada Pottsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pottsville
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Room, employees, breakfast were fine, but had to give this a terrible because of their managment's wasteful water usage procedures. At midnight (apx freezing outside) when I went to take a shower there was no hot water. Called the desk and was advised to let the hot water run for 15 - 30 minutes to get hot water as rooms were far from the 'hot water source.' Clerk added that apx 0430 every morning they were instructed to turn on water in a number of vacant rooms so there would be hot water when guests woke up! When I asked about fixing this they told me management has been aware of this since it was a problem but have done nothing about it. Absolute waste of this very precious, valuable commodity and managment's attitude is disgusting.
After 20 min or so I did get hot water, but what a cost to our planet!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Captain J
Heather H, General Manager at Ramada Pottsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please know we have contacted a local service company to correct these concerns. Our hotel strives to do our best to be green by recycling, saving energy, and conserving water whenever possible. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you occurred while staying with us.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is an older property, but very quaint. I recently stayed here passing through to visit the Yuengling Brewery. I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was wonderful and made me feel at home. The rooms were clean and comfortable as well. I will be recommending this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

We love being centrally located in the historic downtown Pottsville area. Our hotel is only two blocks away from Yuengling, America’s oldest brewed beer. The next time you are in Pottsville you should take advantage of our Yuengling package. The package includes a one night stay, two 16 ounce souvenir glasses, and a poster that is signed by Richard Yuengling.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

With lack of options in this area, I ended up at the this hotel. Based on the drive through town I wasn't expecting much and I wasn't disappointed there. There was no one at the front desk, the rooms are small and smell of smoke regardless of whether you get a smoking room or not. The ice machines were all on the blink and I would take in a sleeping bag if you have any misguided notions that the sheets have been cleaned in the past ten years...if you have to stay here you'll survive...but if making a trip to pottsville just make it a stop on the way somewhere else

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LaryS6143

I am sorry for your recent frustration with our hotel. Our team members strive to do their best for our guests; however, we were not our best today. I have expressed your concerns with our team members and we will use this experience as part of our ongoing training program. We hope you will give us another chance to show you that we are the best hotel in Pottsville.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I read the reviews and though there were a few bad ones I was really, really hoping to like this place. The woman who welcomed us was wonderful, and gave us both the number for the front desk and a number to contact her if she was away from the front desk (which I can see from other reviews has been a problem). It is in an old department store, and had so much potential to be a really gorgeous refurbishment, but it really is not. Cheap materials have been used everywhere, and the "boutique hotel" look they are going for is not accomplished. The room smelled like mold - the bathroom curtains were moldy, and there was mold all around the air conditioning unit. The bed had hairs and crumbs on it - I believe everything was freshly washed, but nothing had that sterile finish you expect from a hotel like this. This hotel cost $110 a night, which I think for what you get (as the city isn't a major destination of any sorts, unless you really like beer) is terribly overpriced. I would expect either charming, or clean to the point of being sterile, and this hotel was neither. To cap things off, I think we were nearly the only people there, and I came downstairs the next morning to one other guest wandering around with an ice bucket looking lost, front desk empty and phone ringing off the hook, and front desk staff sitting outside smoking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CaraGer
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I'm sorry to see bad reviews because we loved the hotel! It was clean, the beds were lovely and the linens were exceptional. The room was huge, just huge. The halls were not air conditioned but it was fine. The outside temperature was at least 100 degrees when we were there and the room was nice and cold. It was so nice we didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I just recently stayed there for my friend's wedding and it was a wonderful stay! Everything was really great. I loved the staff and they had very clean rooms. The sevice was excellent and they answered all my questions. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Hotel was filthy. Lobby floors shifted as you walked, smudged fingerprints and grime in every crevice and crack. There when I arrived and there when I left. No AC on 95 degree days in hallways/lobbies. Window units in rooms smelled terribly of mold. Bathroom ceiling was caving in, dripping yellow, and smelled foul. Had to switch rooms, and the only thing better in the next room was that the ceiling was buckling downward. Bed linens were stained and smelled of sweat. It was a challenge to sleep here. Abandoned restaurant on second floor and back entrance to hotel to Centre St. door was propped open with a cinder block allowing intruders to enter at night and not have to pass Hotel Lobby/Desk. This propped door is right next to Alley way with a "City Public Restroom" in which homeless people hang out till all hours and enter hotel through abandoned propped open restaurant/back hotel entrance. Alley way smells horribly of urine, and I would not go out alone at night or walking home from dinner. A person tried to enter my room in the middle of the night, and I called front desk repeatedly with no answer. I genuinely was scared for my life as I am a single white female traveling on business, and with the knowledge of the "propped open abandoned doorway". Perhaps it was a hotel guest or someone off of the street?? Glad I did not get raped and they did not gain entry after 10 solid minutes at 1:30AM of attempting while I frantically called lobby with no answer. STAY AWAY from this hotel. It is dangerous, dirty, and customer service/management was invisible when I needed them most.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank cstoeffler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Comfort Inn & Suites Barnesville - Frackville
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Candlewood Suites Hazleton

Been to Ramada Pottsville? Share your experiences!