“Great food”

BLU Travern Restaurant & Motel
Ranked #35 of 53 Restaurants in Pottsville
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We've been there quite a few times and the food has always been very good! Reasonably priced also. The two complaints I have is that they need to remodel a little bit because it seems as though you're walking back into 1980 when you enter. And my other complaint is when we went there for Easter Sunday, there were 7 of us that went and they mistakenly took the reservation for 6 so when we got there this was a Huge deal to them! My father in law had to stand aside of our table for a good 5 minutes until they got him a chair or a place setting. The menu was limited due to the holiday with maybe 8 or so entrees to pick from which was fine but then why would it take a hour to get our food if there's only a few things to pick from? I take into consideration that the holiday was hectic which is why I gave this a good review because all the other times we've been there everything was great! I heard they have an awesome Sunday brunch that I'd love to check out.

There are newer reviews for BLU Travern Restaurant & Motel

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Over the years, we have always stopped at the Blu Tavern for their pizza's . It still tops our list of "excellent pizza!!!!"

Reviewed December 13, 2012

this is a landmark restaurant. the food is very good and the service was excellent. the decor is 1960s and could use updating but it is not rundown and it is clean. i actually enjoyed the decor. i will return.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a family owned and operated restaurant in the heart of coal country. Our family has eaten dinner here for years and enjoyed Sunday brunch when it is available. The meals have always been very good. My husband likes the pizza and I am partial to the seafood offerings. We usually eat in the bar area so the lighting is dimmer than the dining room. There is ample parking and is conveniently located on Hwy 209 S between Pottsville and Llewellyn.

1  Thank jenmarnickas