“Police had to come - do not visit”

Pottsville Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Pottsville B&B and Inns
Naples, Florida
“Police had to come - do not visit”
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I made reservation using "(570) 622-4917" one day early before arriving. I arrived and filled out paperwork for the room for one night and signed the receipt before going into room. I then went into the room to find a horrible hotel room. The door looked kicked in which is a safety issue. The fridge look so old and was missing the bottom panel exposing wires. The bathroom ceiling tiles are mold infested and missing in some locations. The light socket was missing cover and exposed the bulbs and wiring. The lights flickered and never worked. The room was filthy. I asked for a non smoking and got an ash tray never cleaned and the room stench of 20 yrs of smokers. After 5 minutes of being in the room I returned to the office and nicely asked for a refund. He told me I could just get another room and tried to hand me another key. I told him this place is unsafe for me and my wife. He told me in a quick and smart [-] way of no refunds. I said fine and then called Bank of America and asked for advice and they cancelled my card. Somehow still the charge did go through but its going through there claims department and they assure me that since I did not stay the night and found another hotel "Ramada" then I would not have to pay. That is still pending. I then called the city of Pottsville PA code enforcement and they were closed. I left a message to call me back so they can close this dump down. I have pictures on my cell phone of everything listed above. Called AAA and they are currently under review. I made all these calls in the main office in the employees presents. When I arrived I had paid $5 deposit for the key. After all those phone calls he seem very upset. I laid the key on the counter and asked for my $5 back. He quickly snatched it away and said "no money for you". The funny thing is he only put in on the lower part of the counter. A second after he put it to the lower counter i snatched it back and said I paid for it you thief. At that point he had enough and 1 younger man I think was his brother and some older lady grabbed me by my arm and clawed me for the key and at that time I dropped the key along with my cell phone, cell phone charger, and keys and they were pulling me out the door stepping over my wife and on her foot to pull me out. I dove for my cell phone and keys but didn’t get my charger cord. Since they stood on my wife’s foot, her shoe came off and she was yelling for it back and after threating calling the police, they threw it back at her. I did call the police. They have records that 2 officers came to talk to us. They tried to find my charger but with no success. The police told me they could do nothing about it and apologized for the hotel. I still have scratches on my hand and Genda’s foot still hurts. We did finally booked the Ramada for the night which is a relief to be done with it. I will do everything I can to make aware to others of this place "Pottsville Motor Inn". This is a family own hotel in dirty business. Wait until I get these pictures downloaded off my cell phone. They may not be good quality but you can see how awful room 107 truly is. - 01/08/2009 at 3pm to 4pm

• Liked — That it will never happen again
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank DanielCivilEngineer
PottsvilleMotorInn, Manager at Pottsville Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2009
We apologize for any inconvenience to the guest. We always strive to make the guest’s stay comfortable and safe. Our rooms are clean and comfortable. Our recent improvements include mattress, linen, and paint. Our property meets all local code requirements and is inspected regularly. Our staff attends weekly meetings to reinforce our high level of customer service. The comfort, safety, and satisfaction of our guests are always first. We are always available to answer any questions or help in any way to make our guest’s stay enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hudson, NY
Reviewed July 27, 2007

This place is a real dump. Cockroach in the room. Manager does not always answer the phone for incoming calls. No high speed internet, no coffee, hot water in shower goes on and off, toilet would not flush properly---manager wanted me to put in new device inside toilet tank to fix it---looked at him like he was crazy. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007
4 Thank Donald C

Travelers are raving about these Pottsville hotels

Fountain Hills
Reviewed September 30, 2006

My wife and I suffered a break-down with our Ford E-150 van and had to be towed into town to the local Ford dealership. The Pottsville Motor Inn is located next door to the dealership. As I am in a wheelchair and there is no sidewalk to the dealership we had no other choice of where to stay. Darn. The rooms stank horribly and were rarely if ever cleaned. The manager was rude and even tried to charge us $20.00 extra per night for our service dog. He waived the extra charge after my wife called the sheriff to educate the man on the rights and privileges of service dogs in America. We were appalled with the Motor Inn's book keeping practices which we found highly questionable and very suspicious. After swiping my wife's credit card he wrote all the personal information down ( card #, expiration ) on the registration form and put the paper in a box behind the desk. My wife spoke with her bank and on the bank's advice cancelled her card. The bank also advised her to call the Pottsville Police and inform them of this unusual and unnecessary practice. If you find yourself having to stay in Pottsville, PA and pass by the Pottsville Motor Inn do yourself a favor and keep on going.

• Liked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — pass it by
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bobbito
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2006

the room was over priced . very cold, no tv channels. very little hot water. i was unable to recieve phone calls in my room. i had to stand out side in the cold and wait for the manger to return before i could get into a room. i felt that he was rude. the only thing good is the girl who cleans the rooms dose a realy good job.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
#2 of 2 in Pottsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn & Suites Barnesville - Frackville
Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
The Maid's Quarters Bed, Breakfast & Tearoom

Been to Pottsville Motor Inn? Share your experiences!