“Could have been a good match but----”
Review of Maroon's - CLOSED

Maroon's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2013

In town over the weekend for a book signing, wanted to go to a friendly casual place. Arrived at Maroons around 3|30 on a Saturday --Just had to take a picture of the Saturday Happy Hour--11 a.m. - 4 p.m.. Never saw that before. Sportsy bar with baseball games on TV , Steelers round table, loved it. However, although it was "wait to be seated" we waited and waited to a less than half full dining area. We asked for the small Steelers round table and there was a noticeable sigh. We requested menus as we fully intended to have a meal. Ten minutes later, we were given a menu. When I asked for a beverage menu, another sigh, and tossed to us. The menu was very extensive, and reasonably priced. This could have been a good match, but the attitude and non ambience led us to decide to order a drink, and forget the food.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a great combo, the Yuengling Brewery tour followed by lunch at Maroon's. Very nice, clean, good service and cold Vitamin Y at a discount price (Saturday: pints are $1.50). I had a steak sandwich smothered in melted cheese with mushrooms and onions. Heaven. The meat wasn't "steak-ums" or such shaved slices...it was freshly grilled steak bits...a nice roll...fresh 'shrooms. And I upgraded for the sweet potato fries which were thick wedges and lots of soft potato inside...tasty.

If only this place wasn't hours away....

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped off for a late lunch after visiting the yuengling tour and had a great lunch, great service and neat atmosphere.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The atmosphere is nice,the restaurant is clean,how good your service is depends on your server however the food leaves lot to be desired, I have eaten here on 3 different occasions, got a cold steak,and instant mashed potatoes, greasy string fries and a dried out burger, I dont drink so I cant comment on that, I will say I no longer even attempt to dine here. I do know others who have dined here and have had the same experience as mine.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed April 11, 2013

if you have not heard the history of the Pottsville Maroons, you have to come and hear the story! The story is amazing but the food is even better! You must experience this place if you are anywhere near it!

Date of visit: March 2013