“Bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Virginia
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

We have stayed at the Pottstown Comfort Inn & Suites many times over the past couple of years. This past Thanksgiving, we splurged and purchased a suite! NEVER AGAIN! The suite was filthy. The bathroom had hair on the toilet, shower and in the sink. And the handicapped bathroom (which we did not request or need) had mold in it and the shower head was broken. The kitchen area had red wine splashed on the back splash and on the ice bucket. The tray for the ice bucket had sticky stuff on it. The tables in the living area were covered in dust. And we found a plastic cup with old sticky chocolate sauce in it under the coffee table! This room was DEFINITELY not cleaned before we checked in. Or after! I told the front desk manager and she said "hmmmmm, I'm sorry. You know I think they had a meeting in there yesterday. I guess they didn't clean up after themselves. " I couldn't believe that was her response! We stayed from Wed thru Sat. Not once did someone come to clean the room. The linens on our bed were never changed! We had to go to the cleaning staff and get our own towels and trash bags. It was terrible. The pile of towels stayed on our bathroom floor the entire time we were there! I don't know what is going on here. We have never had this experience before. When I told the manager at check out that no onc came to clean the room, she said "Oh gosh. I'm sorry. I will tell the owner." This hotel should have definitely comped us a night or SOMETHING! I certainly hope this hotel isn't going down hill. I used to love to stay here! Maybe I need to start looking elsewehere. One positive note - the lady who runs the breakfast buffet is always so friendly and efficient. That is the only thing that was clean while we were there - the buffet!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kdkdoyle
comfortdos, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Per our communications these past two weeks, I want to sincerely thank you for allowing me to work with you in resolving the unpleasant issues you had during your stay. We appreciate repeat customers like you and its upsetting when a guest does not get the level of service that they deserve and are accustomed to. I hope that you will revisit us the next time you are in Pottstown and I invite you to contact me directly for your reservation needs. Being voted "Pottstown's Best Hotel" year after year comes with enormous responsibility and I can assure you that we do not take that lightly. Again, I apologize for the issues you experienced and hope to see you again in the near future.

At Your Service,

Wendy F. Norwood
Director of Sales
Comfort Inn & Suites of Pottsown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

Clean room, good breakfast, high speed internet free. Hard to argue with the value here. Good location on a main road.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Stayed here overnight as a staging point for our tour of Lancaster County. After reading reviews of all hotels in the Pottstown/Reading area we selected this Comfort Inn. Everything was what we've come to be expected from Choice Hotels. The only letdown was that one of the restaurants advertised in the room portfolio had closed. The staff was unaware of this.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I loved the Comfort Inn in Pottstown, PA. Have stayed there off and on for approximately 4 years. Staff very friendly, and rooms were completely remodelled during those years. However, approximately one year ago I was bitten by bedbugs. The desk changed my room immediately for the next night. However, I was now scared to sleep. They serviced the room and took it out of commission. GREAT!!!! I wrote a letter and talked with management. They apoligized---did not get a free room, in fact, it wasn't something I asked for. My daughter is in school in Pottstown---thus I come often. Next trip, another parent was bitten with bedbugs---same floor. Until the bedbug issue---I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Now, I have found another hotel. I feel that despite managements best efforts there is a problem on floor # 2. If you stay, ask for a room on another floor.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cldan2
comfortdos, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
I'm sorry your last visit with us was unpleasant and I would like to thank you for the kind comments on our staff and renovations. I want to assure you that our hotel is bedbug free and that inspections are done on a regular basis to insure there are no future problems. The issue was traced back to the dorm rooms of an area school and I have been assured that that has been resolved as well. I hope you will consider us again for future visits and please feel free to contact me directly at 610-326-5000.

At Your Service,

Wendy Norwood
Director of Sales
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here for one night while visiting family in the area. Our experience was brief so I figured I should just highlight some points.

Check In/Out - Was great. We arrived at the hotel very early and they were super nice and accommodating. They let us check in 3 hours early. Check out was fast and simple.

Room - was spacious and clean. My only problem with the room was there was a funky smell. Similar to mold or old sweat. I noticed it and it bothered me (I sprayed some scented hairspray in the room to cover it up).

Misc - we were there at the same time as a baseball team. The team consisted of young kids probably 8-10. The hotel did post that quiet time starts a 10 pm, but it was still noisy. There is not much sound proofing to the rooms and we had to listen to door slams from 9-11 pm. We ended up turning the tv up really loud to fall asleep. I cannot comment on the continental breakfast that the hotel offers. It was very busy in the morning and it was so crowded we just ate elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

My son and I had a interview scheduled for the next day at a nearby school, and chose this hotel for it's proximity. We were pleased to find the hotel conveniently located off Route 100 and adjacent to both a Friendly's and Red Lobster. We had originally booked a room with 2 queen beds, but wanted to watch different TV programs (my son wanted to watch football and I "House") so we asked for 2 adjoining rooms so we could have 2 TVs. We were given for the same rate 2 huge king rooms, each with sofa, microwave, fridge. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean. Shower pressure was great and parking area well lit and plentiful.. Overall, we had a good stay and would recommend this place.

Only two complaints -- first, the A/C unit was noisy and blew directly on the bed. It would have been much nicer to have an openable window. Second, the complimentary continental breakfast was awful. The pastries were like biting into Crisco lumps, the only yoghurt choice was caramel low fat, and fruit was limited to sad-looking oranges and apples. By all means, if you are not in a hurry, take the time to go next door to Friendly's for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Pottstown, PA for two nights in October. The rooms were small but plenty of space for two people. We had a King sized bed, which was very comfortable. The room was bright and cheerful. The bathroom is a bit tiny. And they may want to consider thicker towels. Other than the towels issue, we had a very nice stay and can't say enough good things about the staff. The staff was very welcoming and sincere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Pottstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown? Share your experiences!