“Very Good!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here for about two week while waiting for our house to be built. All the staff was very nice. The free breakfast was good they have a waffle maker. I do wish they had more of a variety for breakfast. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are really nice. The rooms are a nice size. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly especially to my little girl.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
comfortdos, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Andrea T

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and you felt at home while with us. Our staff strives to provide friendly and courteous service to all our guest no matter how small they maybe.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was perfect. Judy, Mary and Fran gave excellent service. The room was spotless. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but I slept very well here! The breakfast included hot and cold food. There was coffee and tea on tap all day long. And refreshing orange water. Again, I must stress how amazing the service was! The hotel is 2 seconds away from a shopping plaza which was extremely convenient. I would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
comfortdos, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Ann K

Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work our staff puts in to providing our guests with clean rooms and great service. Your words of encouragement will certainly be passed on to Judy, Mary and Fran. We want to once again express our gratitude and would certainly like to see you again during your next visit to Pottstown, Pa

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Roxanne, the hotel manager was wonderful. We were in Pottstown for a family wedding and Roxanne and her staff treated us very well. The rooms were excellent and clean. When our family talks about this wedding in the years to come, we will always fondly remember this hotel and its wonderful staff and accomodations. Thank you Roxanne and staff for adding to a wonderful family memory!

Room Tip: All rooms were nice. No one in our party complained about the room quality.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Oct O
comfortdos, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Oct O

We are so happy to hear that you had wonderful weekend with us .here at the Comfort Inn and Suites. Making your special event truly special is what Roxanne, our Director of Operations and staff take great pride in. Your words of kindness will certainly be passed on to all our team members and we hope to see you soon in your travels

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was very clean and the towels and linen were very white and smelled like Clorox. That gave me an immediate good feeling. I always clean the room when I stay in a hotel, and I was very impressed!!! The hot breakfast was delicious!!! Hot coffee waiting when we arrived, another plus!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
comfortdos, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Tina N

Thank you for you kind words. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard in providing clean rooms and linens for all our guests. Your worlds of encouragement will certainly be passed on to the whole team. We are very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Please continue to visit us during your travels and we look forwarding to meeting all your needs in the near future. Our 24HR coffee station is a hit with a lot of our guests and I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy it as well.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was just at this hotel for 3 days with my elderly parents. First let me say how much I appreciated the hard working staff at this hotel. Everything was clean and nice. Breakfast was great, hot and cold items were available and good.

Kudos especially to the woman (Sue?) who was managing the breakfast area. She is one hard worker! Even when the hockey team swarmed the food she was efficient and managed to keep up. I felt sorry for her with the mess they left. Other staff came out to help her and everyone was friendly and helpful. I appreciated the staff opening a separate room for the team so other patrons could have a place to sit in the breakfast area.

*Note to teams of any kind, please teach your players some manners as well as the sport. My elderly parents with walkers were practically knocked over by teenagers getting to the food. And no one offered up a seat.*

Rooms were clean, in good repair, and we got our wake up calls on time. No complaints about any thing at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene L, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Mittengirl

Thank you for you kind words towards our staff and we are very happy that your stay with us exceded your expectations. Its was a great pleasure having you here and we will be sure to pass your great comments to our staff so that they can continue to provide the great and friendly service to all our future guests.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Plastic bathtub had a crack they had tried to fix with caulk. I could feel the crack open when I stepped on it. The tub surround seams were black with mold from water under the tub. The toilet didn't flush even after I plunged it a while. I used the house john also on the first floor and it flushed poorly, too. Maybe the whole place has a problem. The beds & frig were OK, but the bath was so bad they didn't charge me.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene L, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Mark,

We appreciate your feedback and take every comment seriously. When this was brought to our attention while you were here, we alerted our maintenance department immediately. The room was put out of order and currently being worked on. We understand that over time rooms break down and if we did not have wonderful guests like yourself letting us know, we couldn't fix it in a timely manor.
I hope with us not charging you for your room shows that we care about you, and your stay here at the Comfort Inn and Suites. We are happy to say that we were just chosen " Readers Choice 2013" this is now 12 years in a row. I would like the opportunity to show you our improvements on your next stay.
Please contact me directly and I will make sure your next visit is a memorable one.

Sharlene Lloyd
Director of Sales and Marketing
slloyd@pottstownci.com

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed a week while my husband attended a school and it was overall pretty nice. The rooms are large and clean although somehow we were totally missed one day for room service. The pool is nice and the support staff was always very friendly though the front desk staff seemed to avoid eye contact. The biggest complaint was the breakfast. They always had some kind of "mystery veggie" passing off as sausage. I don't mind veggie sausage but you could not even cut this with those awful plastic knives so you had to resort to picking it up and biting it off and then you knew how awful they were...hard as heck on the outside and mush on the inside. We opted to eat breakfast out most days which really raises the cost of your stay. If they could do something about their poor breakfast, the place would be just fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeasleyKRB
Sharlene L, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear BeasleyKRB,

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Inn and Suites. We are deeply sorry to hear you did not enjoy the breakfast. We get many compliments on our full hot breakfast, so to hear one of our guests were not satisfied is dishearten. We take these issues very serious and we fixed the problem.

We do appreciate all the kind words about our staff and hotel, it is not acceptable for front desk not to give eye contact. It has been addressed.

The next time you are in town please contact me directly and I would like to make your next trip memorable. Again we are sorry for breakfast experience and I hope you will give us another try

Sharlene Lloyd
Director of Sales and Marketing
slloyd@pottstownci.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
14 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown? Share your experiences!