“Staff not helpful but hotel good”

Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Toowoomba
“Staff not helpful but hotel good”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We paid $169 plus tax for our room. Room clean breakfast good and WIFI worked well.
Would have rated excellent if the staff would be helpful.
When I booked in I was told if I had any problems they would be happy to help.
Couldn't get any sound on TV asked about it and went out for a meal. Came back still no sound asked at desk, she told me she was able to get sound when she went up. She was happy to let us change rooms but would not come up and show us how to get sound. There was 3 staff 2 ladies and a man at counter and no customers. Silly to change room as if she could get sound and I couldn't I would have same problem in new room. We love our TV at night as we don't get these shows at home what a waste of $182. Yes I did email the director of operations no reply

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank toowoombababe
Dawn C, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for giving us important feedback from your recent stay with us. We are deeply apologetic about the negative aspects of your stay. We do appreciate the postive feedback as well.

We try our best to accomodate all guest's needs throughout their stays. We did look into your TV sound issue and it has been taken care of.

I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again, and if you do please contact us directly and mention these issues.

Your next trip out to Pottstown to the Comfort Inn and Suites, we can guarentee a much more enjoyable trip. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel

Sharlene Lloyd
slloyd@pottstownci.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bridgeville, DE
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really did research for this`special hotel stay as not only was this for a Memorial Day holiday but a very important medical procedure day scheduled in the city of Philadelphia. I was very impressed at the special price of $44.00 per day and quite honestly did not realize how far out Pottstown was from Center City, Philadelphia (about a 40 minute ride with traffic moving).

So should you decide that you don't mind the ride to Pottstown you are about 15 minutes from the area casino, you will be pleasantly surprised by your stay at the Comfort Inn, Pottstown. You are within walking distance from a Friendly Ice Cream restaurant,Boston Market, Red Lobster and Walmart. So there is a price point for everyone whom stays at this location..room has a microwave and refrigerator and ice machine on each floor.

The location is neat and welcoming, lobby has hot beverages available 24 hrs along with fresh ice water pitcher with fresh orange/lemon slices available as you enter the elevator. Off behind the lobby is the secluded/private room where you can access the computer/business work cebter with printer and office supplies available.

The room was a pleasant surprise rather large and spacey, neat and modern attire on walls and furniture the bed appeared to have a mattress which was at least 14inches high.

As for the lobby staff...I stayed two days and the first blonde lady was very friendly and accomodating, however I spoke with the brunette lady with the glasses my second day and she seemed rather removed and not as friendly as the first lady, however my request for an early morning wakeup call was provided as requested...perhaps she didn't want to work on a holiday...I really do not know what her situation was, I have dealt with worst staff that her for sure!

So if you are fortunate to get the price I paid for a two day stay during a holiday and pay all fees for under $100.00 I am sure you will be back again too.

**as for breakfast, what I would have like to have seen is the scramble eggs but you the price (0.00) I will not complain, waffles, cereal and breakfast meats are available as well as hot and cold beverages.

Room Tip: If you arrive at night look for the walmart sign and you will see a hotel with a bright neon blue re...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Queen042002 -

On behalf of our entire team, I say thank you! Your review was so thorough and nice to hear.

Your comments regarding your stay is what we here at the hotel strive to provide to our guests on a daily basis.

Also we were happy to hear about the great internet savings rate you were able to find.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2013

a little pricy. Excellent Front Desk Staff. Place appeared clean. Maid was not a people person. She finally acknowledged that I had said good morning to her when I was halfway down the hall.
If you like your sheets and blankets to almost reach your shoulders, this place is perfect. If not, expect to "remake" the bed. Breakfast was ok. I see an earlier post saying the waffle iron was out. Both were working when I was there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jvan82064 -

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. We value your feedback and are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We will be sure to review your service and bedding input with our housekeeping team.

We look forward to your return stay with us soon!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My family, well wife, wanted to go shopping at the outlets on the way back to Canada, so we stopped in Pottstown. Stopped at the Quality Inn and was not impressed with the staff at the front desk. So I figured to try the next hotel. To my surprise the Comfort Inn was the complete opposite. The staff was extremely friendly and polite. The rooms were very clean, the bathroom smelt a little of stale water when we first got into the room, but that was the only complaint.

Cheers

• Stayed May 2013
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Amit P -

Thank you for your great review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with our staff service and property cleanliness.

We look forward to hosting you again when in our area. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have been on a 3 week business trip and this hotel was recommended by my coworker at DOW chemical. Nice hotel. I had a king room and it sufficient. The staff was very nice here. I was truly surprised. You don't normally expect this at these hotels but the evening manager was a pleasant person.

Overall a good stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Alice P -

I would like to thank you so much for your excellent remarks regarding our team and property.

I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and show you what we are about!

We look forward to again earning your business in the future.

Cabot, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This breafast doesn't compare with Day's Inn Buffet . There were no hard boided eggs,the pancakes were cold the sausages were overdone, one flavor of yogurt and the waffle machine was "out of order." This breakfast needs some help!

The lighted sineage on the front of the hotel was in need of repair. It was half lit.

On a more positive note the clerks working the feont desk in the evening were very helpful!.

Room Tip: I don't know because we booked several weeks in advance for a Sunday night and ended up on the 3...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Rmorris9 -

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are sorry that your most recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We are currently in the process of reviewing and upgrading some of our breakfast items - we will take your input into consideration.

Thank you for recognizing our amazing guest service team!

We hope to see you again soon when back in our area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I am not a Choice Hotels fan, as their hotels are usually just average. I stayed at this Comfort Inn because my usual hotel was full. I did get a good price and can say my stay was fine. I was concerned with the funky hall smell but the room was fine. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I would suggest cleaning the carpets in the hallway and elevator.

• Stayed May 2013
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Tamiandchris -

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have noted your carpet and hallway comments and have reviewed them with our maintenance department to get immediate attention.

We hope that your recent experience with us with make you consider a Choice Hotels Brand again in the future!

The team at the Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown looks forward to hosting you again soon!

Dawn Carrion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Holiday Inn Morgantown / PA Turnpike

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown? Share your experiences!