“Best value you will find in a hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Whenever in Pottstown, I stay here. I can rent a suite or two rooms--have done both, usually go with two rooms.

The staff is the best you will find anywhere. I am so impressed with everyone I just want to tip till my pockets are empty. Not only nice and accommodating, but the folks there are real people who care about you as a person, not just a customer.

i like the room designs and they are very comfortable and amenable. I wish they could solve the problem with the musty smell in some of the rooms, but I suspect the problem is other guests not following the no smoking rules. Even though I am sensitive to odors and especially cigarette smoke residue, I found that I could simply blow in some fresh air and it wasn't much of a problem.

As far as amenities are concerned, it was a tolerable continental breakfast, so that saved going out and buying the first meal of the day. The coffee is actually pretty good, which says a lot for a true coffee connoisseur. Plenty of fresh fruit, good orange juice, and a variety of packaged fare make it better than most of its kind.

I have always found the beds there very good, plenty of fresh, thick towels, good TV, excellent wi-fi, good well-lit parking for every room. This place really does what it needs to and for a price you can't beat.

These people go out of their way for you. I like that in a hotel, especially when I feel private and secure without anyone seeming to get a little too familiar.

I am going with four out of five on the rating due to the smell of one of the two rooms I rented (one was great, the other marginal). Really would like to call this a five, but definitely a five-star value. But as far as Pottstown goes, don't think twice, call them for a reservation now. You won't be disappointed.

JG

Room Tip: Tops for Pottstown.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John G
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear John G -

Thank you for your amazingly thorough review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that we are you preferred lodging choice while in our area. However we are slightly disappointed to hear about your dissatisfaction with our room odor, thank you for bringing it to our attention and we will be sure to review other actions that may be necessary to fix the problem.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast, the fresh hot coffee, our newly renovated guest rooms, wifi and our amazing friendly team. We are also glad we were able to give you all of this and other amenities for a price that was friendly to your budget.

Thank you again John - we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very comfortable rooms with very nice bathrrooms - The staff is professional, friendly, helpful and welcoming. They have a great breakfast of hot and cold items. There is always tea and coffee available downstairs in the lobby. There is a carafe of water with lemon or orange slices in the lobby. There is a workout facility and a pool. And there are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and you can easily drive to downtown Pottstown to eat a restaurants there as well. This hotel is well run.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karin W

Dear Karin W -

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.com. Your review was greatly appreciated and meant a lot to our team. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and new breakfast items. We hope that you also got to partake in our delicious evening snacks along with our fresh fruit water.

Thank you again for all of the accolades, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights while on a business trip 8/7-8/9 2012. I found the property to be clean and in good order. The breakfast area was well maintained and stocked in the morning and the employee who
worked that area was very nice. My room was very clean & fresh and in good working order.
All the employees I had contact with were very nice and made me feel welcomed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Perry K -

Thank you for your kind words and review. Thank you for also noting our welcoming service team. We work extra hard on creating a "home away from home" feeling for all of our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again when in our area!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was at this property for a legion baseball tournament with my sons this past week. The Staff handled the large group really well. The pool was nice and clean and we felt right at home. There is plenty of places to eat nearby. A plus for me was that this property is the only one in Pottstown,Pa that was 100% Non-Smoking when we were searching for a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maurice s
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Maurice S.

We are so grateful for groups and guests like you, it is our pleasure to create an experience for all of our guests that is memorable.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool and our "home away from home" experience.

Thank you for recognizing our hard work and dedication. We hope to see you and all of our teams next year!

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We recently spent two nights at this property upon referall from the King of Prussia Travel center. We were extremely delighted with all the ameneties and the great staff here!. The front desk crew and the General Manager were extremely pleasant every time and always greeted us with a smile. The pool was nice and warm in the evening which made it fun to enjoy a night swim. The breakfast was great and the room were very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank PatZvt

Dear PatZvt -

Thank you for your kind words and recognition on Trip Advisor. We are so delighted to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. We so happy that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast items.

The team at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Pottstown is constantly growing and improving - thank you for noticing!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently met a client at this property in June who had stayed for one night.

This property looked to be kept in very good condition.
The business center has computers that are fast and they provide printers for your use as well.
Don't let the red brick fool you, inside lies an up to date, clean, and vibrant building.
As a business traveler you pick up on a lot of the smaller things in a hotel that would give you positive or negative feelings about a hotel. I really seems that they are doing a good job at maintaining the building. It has easy access to the highway, and a decent ride to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Dawn C, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Roadwariorsales -

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor!

We're delighted to hear that you were pleased with our award winning curb appeal and recent renovations. Our staff strives hard on daily basis to give each of our guests a superior service experience - thank you for noticing!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Dawn Carrion

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had to attend a funeral in Pottstown and booked a room for three nights. We never stayed the third night - two nights were all we could take! This hotel is run down and out of date. Our room smelled like an old man. (There were air fresheners in all the hallways to try to combat the stinkiness.) The bathrooms were dirty. On the first morning, I brought up coffee to our room to only discover it was lukewarm. I called the front desk and asked if they could make fresh, and I got a response of "why didn't I just use the coffeemaker in the room," and "why can't I just microwave the lukewarm coffee?" On the second day of our stay, they did bother to make our bed and replenish towels, but did not leave any additional shampoos or soaps. Other things worth noting: there are no automated entry doors which is pain if you have a lot of luggage and they only have one elevator and it is very slow. (On our trip home, my husband came up with several more instances that should be mentioned but I can't think of them right now.) I would recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Limerick instead, which is only 5 miles from Pottstown. It is a newer hotel. That is where we will stay the next time we are visiting our relatives who live in the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Limerick instead!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Angie358 -

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that on this stay with us, our housekeeping and front desk services did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on not only meeting, but, exceeding all of our guest’s expectations.
After receiving your review we met with all departments to investigate these issues as well as use them as a training guide for items that need to be corrected immediately to ensure future guest satisfaction.

Again, I apologize that during your stay you experienced these issues. But I am glad that you brought them to our attention. We hope to see you and your family again soon when in our area to show you how we became "Pottstowns Best Hotel for 2012"

If there is anything I can do please dont hesitate to call 610-326-5000.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
14 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown? Share your experiences!