“Decent place. Surprised me.”
Review of Days Inn Pottstown

Days Inn Pottstown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Philadelphia, PA (suburbs)
“Decent place. Surprised me.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had to stay here due to a week long power outage from Hurricane Sandy. A hotel in Pottstown would never be my choice for a vacation. If I were travelling for work, or needed an emergency place as we have over the last week, I would definitely go again.

Front desk staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. Housekeeping, etc were a friendly bunch. The room was clean, we had a non smoking floor, and minimal noise (one exception was the elevator, but that may not be an issue for most. I could hear the ding when it hit all the floors it seemed).

They serve a typical 'do it yourself" breakfast, muffins, toast, bagels, coffe, etc. One nice addition was the waffles. They smelled great, I just was not in the mood to cook them myself.

The hotel has a reliable wi-fi service (not terribly fast, but it will do), a decent selection of channels on the television, in room fridge and microwave.

One thing that i found ridiculous was their signage out front for the "422 diner". The diner burned down two years ago according to the hotel staff. Maybe it is time to take down the sign...

All in all, I would have to say I was pleased with the entire experience.

Room Tip: rooms close to the elevator may bother you with the continual ding noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Hussyband,

Thank you for your kind words. Although we worked very closely with the diner that was next door, the land is owned and managed separately. The misconception that a diner is still next door after three years is terrible and I personally have made many attempts to have the sign removed and the lot cleared. Unfortunately, until the owner agrees to these actions, my hands are tied. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and do wish it had not affected your impression of the hotel.

Warm Wishes,
Kelly McCurdy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Meadville
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Days Inn's and this is the best oneI have found. Its clean and everyone is so friendly.. I am planning another trip in a few months and we are planning on staying here again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Barbara M
Dear Barbara M,

What a wonderful compliment. Thank you for the positive review and excellent feedback. I hope we see you during many more trips to Pottstown.

Warmest Wishes,
Kelly McCurdy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge

Been to Days Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!