“Overall Good...Just Some Minor Complaints”
Review of Days Inn Pottstown

Days Inn Pottstown
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My girlfriend's friend was getting married so we headed to Pottstown for a 2-night stay. Overall, we liked the hotel and if we are ever in Pottstown again, we would probably stay here again.

We made reservations through their website and check in was quick. The front desk clerk was friendly...she went to school in our area (Pittsburgh) so we chatted about that while she checked us in.

Our room was on the fourth floor, right around the corner from the elevator. It was your standard room...king size bed which was comfortable, three drawers and a small closet for clothes, work desk, comfortable chair in the corner. A small refrigerator, small coffee maker, and even a small microwave. A flat screen TV, but the picture wasn't that good. I don't know if it was the TV, the cable, or maybe a setting I could have adjusted. You got used to it the more you watched it. No guide so I had to flip around until I found something. Free HBO. AC worked great and was maybe the quietest I've ever heard in a hotel. Big, free parking lot.

The bathroom was functional. Good size tub and good water pressure. The shower and the sink were in the same room...not like it is sometimes where the sink is right outside the room with the shower. I mention this since it's sometimes hard to get ready when one person is in the shower and the other is trying to use the sink with a steamed up mirror. There was a blow dryer, but it was half hanging off the wall. I tried using it and it did the job, just took a while. The next day, I used our blow dryer that we brought from home.

We can't talk about the hotel's extras because we didn't use any of them. They have a pool, but it's an outside pool and it was closed for the season. They offer free breakfast, but we didn't check it out either of the mornings we were there. They are pet friendly, but we don't have a dog.

Our minor complaint was the elevator bell. Since we were right around the corner from the elevator, we heard the bell every time someone got on or off. Not like it woke us up, but you were aware of it. Of course, this is very minor, and it wasn't annoying to the point of us asking for a new room. Just something to keep in mind if you're a light sleeper. Other than that, I don't remember hearing any noise from other guests.

If you need a hotel in the Pottstown area, I would recommend the Days Inn.

Room Tip: If the clerk says your room is near the elevator, you might want to ask for one farther away...the d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Snickers99,

I like that you took the time to really detail your stay with us. This information is very helpful in training, redirecting our employees, and focusing on avoiding some of our more minor complaints, such as the hair dryer. I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very good customer service. The breakfast was one of the best we've had in a long time. The halls and elevators could just use a little TLC. Maybe paint or a good scrubbing. The price was right in our budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Judie58,

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Pottstown and taking the time to review your stay. Constant TLC is necessary for upkeep and we are dedicating our time to the areas you mentioned. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Pottstown, PA. from 8-8-12 to 8-14-12. While we were there, there were two days where they were out of breakfast items. These included waffle mix, sweet rolls, apple juice and tea bags. We ended up having to go out to breakfast which caused us to spend money we were trying to avoid. Even though there was decaffeinated coffee, they did not make sure the dispenser always contained some. This resulted in people having to wait for it. In addition, we weren't given advanced notice of the time they would be cleaning the pool. We purposely rent a room at a hotel that has a pool in order to give our family something extra to do. If we knew when the pool was going to be cleaned we would have scheduled our day around this. When my kids went to the pool, they said it was really dirty. We swam the night before when there was very little lighting and wondered if it was dirty then. We talked to Kelly McCurdy, the General Manger, about all of this. She offered to reimburse us at least half of our stay but, said we needed to contact hotels.com since is how we rented the room. They told us to contact you. We visit family in PA. and hope to stay at Days Inn again if this is made right because the staff was polite and the hotel allows dogs. We don't feel we received everything the hotel advertised was included. Please contact us about this matter to let us know how it is being handled.

Paul and Mary S

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Mary and Paul,

Thank you for reviewing us and bringing the continuing issue with hotels.com to my attention. At this time we have only charged hotels.com for a part of your stay and they would need to issue you the remaining refund. Unfortunately, when our guests book through hotels.com we are left with little information to help us better serve you. This lack of information includes your payment type, amount paid, and even personal information such as your telephone number and address. In an attempt to avoid the confusion and frustration this causes, we offer the same great discounted rates as these travel websites on Days Inn brand website. When a guest books directly with our brand website, it guarantees you are paying the lowest price available and allows us the information we need to better serve you. Please contact me directly at 610.327.3300 so I can help you resolve this as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Wasn't very happy when my co-workers informed me that we were staying at a Days Inn, I have had some bad experances at them in general. But this one was extremely nice! Very clean, room was newley renovated, clean sheets and towels, nice room and bath, nice heated outdoor pool. Bed was comfortable. Was shocked that it was that nice. Flat screen tv, fridge, & microwave. Breakfast was ok. And it was very well priced also. Very Impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Tiffany C,

Thank you for sharing your experience and compliments with us and our travelers. I hope we will see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is your average hotel~could benefit from some cosmetic updates. My family stayed there for 3 nights. Check In /Check out was efficient and friendly. The room was average~cleaning decent, however I don't think they look under the beds when cleaning. There were several empty water/soda bottles under the beds that didn't belong to us. Water pressure was okay. Breakfast, again average and closed at 9AM. Pool was clean and usable. Price was decent~would not pay more than the 87.00 per night that we paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear JS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future travelers. Please call me directly the next time you are in our area and I would be delighted to personally arrange your accommodations.

Kindly,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is a good choice for the area. The entire facility is very clean and well kept. The location was perfect for us. If you need to be within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shopping, the Comfort Inn is a better choice. However, that area is a 5 minute car ride away.

The room was clean and newly decorated. There was an area in the bathroom that had some peeling paint from a previous repair. Not a big deal. The refrigerator, microwave, TV and coffee maker all worked fine. The bed was comfortable and we never heard any noise. I did not use the pool. The people that did seemed to be enjoying it.

The free breakfast was typical and had lots of variety. The people maintaining the area kept it clean and well stocked without being intrusive. Every hotel worker that we came in contact with greeted us with a smile.

I observed a hotel employee that was collecting a cart in the parking lot. Just prior to entering the building, he saw some litter on the other side of the parking lot. He walked over there and cleaned it up. I have stayed in high end hotels and have never seen an employee go that far out of his way to pick up litter. It has to be part of the culture of this hotel.

I got a great rate from the hotelcoupon.com “green coupon book”. This is the one that you see at rest areas. They accepted the coupon on a Saturday night.

They don’t advertise it, but this location is no more than 45 minutes from Pennsylvania Dutch Country. It would be a good option for the night before or after spending time in Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

I would definitely stay here again. As always, my rating is based on hotels within the same category as this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Alapitka,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. It is the greatest compliment to know you will return to us the next time you are in the area. Please do not hesitate to call if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Days Inn in Pottstown. When my husband booked our reservations, I was concerned when I saw the price. I thought there is no way it will be a nice hotel at $60 dollars a night but boy, was I wrong. IWe enjoyed everything about our stay. The kids wanted to hang out at the hotel instead of sight-seeing. Everything was great, the breakfast, the rooms were so clean and smelled great. Thank you so much, we were able to stay an extra day because it was so affordable and we are on a tight budget.

Room Tip: I'm sure that all the rooms are great, housekeeping is top-notch!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Laura H.,

I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us, and I will be very happy to pass on your compliments to the housekeeping staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with our future travels.

Kindly,
Kelly McCurdy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Quality Inn
Mainstay Inn
#4 of 5 in Phoenixville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick

Been to Days Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!