My girlfriend's friend was getting married so we headed to Pottstown for a 2-night stay. Overall, we liked the hotel and if we are ever in Pottstown again, we would probably stay here again.
We made reservations through their website and check in was quick. The front desk clerk was friendly...she went to school in our area (Pittsburgh) so we chatted about that while she checked us in.
Our room was on the fourth floor, right around the corner from the elevator. It was your standard room...king size bed which was comfortable, three drawers and a small closet for clothes, work desk, comfortable chair in the corner. A small refrigerator, small coffee maker, and even a small microwave. A flat screen TV, but the picture wasn't that good. I don't know if it was the TV, the cable, or maybe a setting I could have adjusted. You got used to it the more you watched it. No guide so I had to flip around until I found something. Free HBO. AC worked great and was maybe the quietest I've ever heard in a hotel. Big, free parking lot.
The bathroom was functional. Good size tub and good water pressure. The shower and the sink were in the same room...not like it is sometimes where the sink is right outside the room with the shower. I mention this since it's sometimes hard to get ready when one person is in the shower and the other is trying to use the sink with a steamed up mirror. There was a blow dryer, but it was half hanging off the wall. I tried using it and it did the job, just took a while. The next day, I used our blow dryer that we brought from home.
We can't talk about the hotel's extras because we didn't use any of them. They have a pool, but it's an outside pool and it was closed for the season. They offer free breakfast, but we didn't check it out either of the mornings we were there. They are pet friendly, but we don't have a dog.
Our minor complaint was the elevator bell. Since we were right around the corner from the elevator, we heard the bell every time someone got on or off. Not like it woke us up, but you were aware of it. Of course, this is very minor, and it wasn't annoying to the point of us asking for a new room. Just something to keep in mind if you're a light sleeper. Other than that, I don't remember hearing any noise from other guests.
If you need a hotel in the Pottstown area, I would recommend the Days Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The guest rooms at the Days Inn Pottstown offer beautifully appointed furniture, a comfortable and well lit work workspace and all include 32 inch flat screen TV, complimentary wireless internet access, microwaves and refrigerators, and coffee makers. Hair dryers, irons and ironing boards are also provided in every guest room for your convenience. We invite you to take advantage of other amenities including a seasonal outdoor pool, fitness center, and business center. Join us in our lobby every morning for a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. There is ample parking for cars, trucks, and buses. Meeting and banquet space is also offered for your next business function or family gathering. We proudly welcome your pets on our property. Call us today and ask about our wedding and shopping packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Pottstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Pottstown Hotel Pottstown
- Best Western Pottstown Hotel
- Pottstown Best Western