“What happened”

Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Pottstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I have been going to MSW since they opened. I have attended events and even bottled there. Tonight was THE WORST DRINK I HAVE EVER HAD THERE, and as if that wasn't bad enough it was in a plastic cup! Adding insult to injury, I had the distinct privilege to drink this 10 dollar beverage beside three screaming children (not mine of course). When I had children, we took them to restaurants not bars or distillery's. Those were places where grown ups went. needless to say, I'm not planning any return trips. what a shame for a place that showed such class and promise at the beginning.

Date of experience: August 2018
"products"
in 15 reviews
"menu"

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in a few times and even had my son's 30th birthday party there. The people couldn't be any more nice! Fyi-their bottles of whatever you may choose make great gifts!

Date of experience: May 2018
Arthur E, Manager at Manatawny Still Works, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thanks for the kind words and excellent review. We certainly agree that our spirits make great gifts!

Reviewed May 9, 2018

I admit. I had a Groupon and it was about to expire, so I made the hour drive to Pottstown to partake in some spirits. I was waiting for a friend who promised she'd meet me on time so I didn't get to join in the tour. (Of course, she ran 30-minutes late!) I'm bummed I didn't because that's where you got to sample all of their products. But I consoled myself with first their Keystone Whiskey, which is made with 4-grains, on the rocks. It wasn't as smooth as I was expecting, but it had a very aggressive flavor, which I liked. I also had their new Pennsylvania Whiskey. That, too, wasn't as smooth as I prefer, but there was a delicious vanilla flavor lingering after I swallowed it. I bought a bottle of their Vodka to bring home. When I finally got to it, I discovered it was rather flavorful for vodka. I really liked it.
My friend got a raspberry cocktail of some sort and it was amazingly delicious. It was a nice experience, overall. I don't get to the area very often, but if I do, I'd like to stop by again.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Friends of ours treated us to the distillery tour as a gift. We spent a fantastic Sunday afternoon sipping coctails in the very friendly chill setting at Manatawny Distillery. Our bartender Nick could not have been any better or more accommodating. He mixed up fabulous cocktails for us to enjoy. I am torn for my favorite...dark and stormy versus a wicked bloody mary.
We did not have any of our 3 dogs with us but its great to see local business who is dog friendly. Andrew was our tour guide
for the distillery tour. We was really informative and entertaining. All in all we really enjoyed our Sunday afternoon and we will defintley be back. Thank you

Date of experience: March 2018