Quality Inn
$119
$109
$98
Hampton.com
Budget Host Pottstown(New Berlinville)
$70
  • Breakfast included
$99
French Creek Inn(Phoenixville)
$80
All reviewsfront deskplace to staynew carpetpadre piocleaning staffbagelsstayed one nightbed was comfortablewe've stayedbusiness tripfree breakfastpleasant staywalmartrefrigeratorchannelscollegehighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I frequently stay atthis hotel for business and I have to say I never have a problem when I'm there, the staff is always super friendly, rooms always clean, breakfast in the morning is oneof the best free breakfast's I've ever had and the rate is cheap for the service I get. I recommend this place 100% to anyone that has to travel to anywhere near pottstown, PA. It's a dreary little area but the people at this hotel make it feel like I'm home!
=)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We booked at the Quality Inn at the last minute due to scheduling issues. Upon arrival, my first thought was "uh oh" but as we didn't have a choice about staying there, I unpacked and settled in. The skinny about this motel is that it has seen better days but it is clean and the staff is great. We paid a group rate of $90 which I still thought was a little much. The rooms had air, a small refridgerator and a microwave. The pool is fine but the breakfast buffet isn't much to speak of. If you are the kind of person who frets about every little flaw, then this is definitely not the place for you. If you can live with overlooking some minor things then you will be ok. If you are not familiar with the Pottstown area (like we weren't) there is a WalMart, Wendy's, Friendly's, McDonald's, and the like nearby. There is also what looks to be a new Comfort Inn, if you are looking for someplace that could be a little nicer to stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Light_Traveler_4
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Absolutely nasty! I have stayed at this property over the 4th of July for the past 7 years. It has gotten worse and worse each year. The only reason I stay there is because there is a severe lack of hotels in the area. Everything from the sidewalks to the rooms are just plain filthy. The cable channels are limited, there is no guest laundry and the "continental breakfast" is a joke. Next year I will stay in Philly if necessary!

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank mikekMadisonAL
QualityInnPottstown, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2009

Dear Sir,
I am sorry about your past experiences at our hotel. Perhaps if you give me your information I can comp a stay for you for this July 4th or give you some vouchers and coupons for future hotel visits. Either way I'd appreciate hearing back from you so I can do whatever I can to make this better.

Thanks

Reviewed July 6, 2008

The Quality Inn is a fine basic accommodation in a place that seems to lack any really nice places to stay. We spent one night previous at the horrible, awful Days Inn around the corner and escaped the next morning to the Quality Inn. The price was twice as much at $107 a night. That price is way too high for these accommodations, but beggars can't be choosers.

My room was connected to the adjoining room. It was a little loud when my neighbors arrived for the night. Ask for a non-adjoining room if you can get one.

The Quality Inn has exterior corridors and is a motel in the classic sense. My non-smoking room was clean and smelled fresh. The fittings and bathtub are a little worn. The remote for the TV didn't work, probably a dead battery. The wifi worked OK. The breakfast is basic but fine.

There is a pool.

There's a mandatory $1.50 charge for the electronic safe. In my room the safe was locked already so I was not able to use it. Why they don't just wrap that $1.50 into the room rate is beyond me instead of nickle and diming people.

If you MUST stay in Pottstown this is a decent choice. Try and get a discounted rate though. Anything over $90 is too much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2008

The only reason we stayed here was because our friends were having a wedding anniversary party and had received a special rate from the motel. Otherwise, we would have stayed elsewhere...though likely not in Pottstown. Amazingly, this seems to be the nicest motel/hotel in the town.

The place is old; the safety latch on our door was almost completely broken off. The drains in shower, toilet and sink drained the water very slowly...we stood in 2 inches of water in the shower and held our breath every time we flushed the toilet because it nearly overflowed each time. Bathtub was chipping and dirty.

There are no "privacy" curtains...ones in which light can come in but people can't see you. As a result, you are either in a cave, with the curtains closed, or, with the curtains open, everyone can see you.

The promised wireless was lacking...we could not receive the signal from our room, though it worked in the lobby.

We changed rooms the first night because we could hear our neighbor's every word (we had a room with an adjoining door). Once we were moved, it was quieter in that section of the motel. The air conditioner likely helped drown out other noises.

Our AC worked, but two other friends reported their's were broken. Staff let them move rooms the next day.

Overall, I would never stay here again, unless the new management makes major renovations. It's just an old motel, but an old motel with high room rates.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple