“Holiday Inn in the late 1960s”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
State College, Pennsylvania
“Holiday Inn in the late 1960s”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Tired old roadside inn, trying to hang on. Polite and friendly, attentive staff. Rooms open directly onto parking. Easy to hear parking lot conversations and music when trying to sleep. Some small patches of mildew in room, but it was physically clean. Good wifi. They rejected my debit card at check in, and told me it might be their system. I was able to find my bank on the other side of town and get cash. At the bank, they were shocked that it happened, but less so when I told them where. They said it's got to be the hotel system. VERY inconvenient and stressful after a long drive, and the hotel could do nothing. After driving around the downtown area I'm surprised there even is a hotel, so all things considered, it was an adventurous but okay stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Quality Inn and Suites.Please know that we take all feedback very seriously in all departments. While we appreiate your kind words regarding our staff. I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced with our check in system. I understand how frustrating this would be while traveling.We strive to anticipate your stated and unstated needs. Our system is not perfect and at times we do have our challenges at times.
Thank you for joining us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Alicia Ann Gillard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kane, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was a little afraid, but once we checked in, we got a newly renovated room, with a microwave, and fridge, the TV was nice, and the check in staff was very very friendly. Even though there IS a bar at the hotel, it's only open a few nights a week, and we heard no noise from the bar, as it was opened one night during our stay. The breakfast was good, and the staff serving breakfast was very sweet. I considered knocking off a star, but only because my bf is 6'4" and had a difficult (but amusing ) time showering, it was kinda like a shower limbo! But that was my ONLY complaint, and it's not like we weren't able to shower, the shower was just small. The pool was nice, even though we didn't use it, we will stay here again when we go to Pottstown. Another reviewer said that the walls were thin, the only thing we heard from neighboring rooms was water running, so it wasn't a big deal! We had a good stay at the Quality Inn, and don't know why some other reviewers have to be so picky! Our room was clean, there was no noise from near by Route 100, Breakfast was good, The Staff was very friendly, we even took a few minutes to joke with the manager, the vending machines and ice machines seemed to be in working order, and the prices didn't seem too bad, but we paid with name your own price on priceline, so we were very very happy with our stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynn S
Thank you very much for your glowing comments.We are pleased to read you enjoyed the services and amenities in our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional service and standards. It is guests like you that make our job fulfilling.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I paid way too much for that cheap motel!!! No wonder it was almost empty!!!

Here's some facts and pros and cons:

Pros: decent breakfast, good wifi Internet, nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave...

Cons: thin walls; we can hear neighbors so put the fan on all night or bring earplugs, room not clean with old carpet, bathroom need upgrade-cleaning-renovation, bad smell from fan and ac unit, uncomfortable bed, mildew or some kind of moisture in room giving headache and sneeze, motel room type : parking next to first floor rooms, room not well designed, hard to walk with chair that can't fit under the desk... Very bad area and very bad restaurant/bar next to hotel... Not a very safe area :-(

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank benoitleblanc
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I am very sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. As far as our carpets, they are all brand new carpets put in all the rooms in the last year. We can not help if other guest are loud in their rooms. The hotel was built back in the 60's and I am sorry the room was not built the right way. No one has ever stated about the room or the desk and chair in the way. As far as the mildrew we change our filters ever month. Our bar/restaurant is a very quiet and small. As the general manager I can not help if you think the area is not a safe place. Police are always in our parking lot making arounds for us to keep everyone feel safe.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel seems great for the price I paid. The room has a somewhat of a moldy smell but nothing too bad.
The Renovation seems great, well I didn't see how it was before.
The TV doesn't get much channels which was somewhat of a bummer.
The pool is great by the way and 9 feet deep!
The complimentary breakfast is great, a lot of choices to choose from.
The fridge is great, plenty of space for food and beer, and a microwave to heat some snacks.
I didn't get any bad experience here, if I do comeback to Pottstown I stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you. The pleasure was all ours to be a able to host you. I am delighted you were able to enjoy are blissful pool. We have just included " Homemade Belgium Waffles" to our continental breakfast.
I encourage you the next time you are in town to stop by!

Edison, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was looking for a hotel in Pottstown with bar. Quality Inn was the only one with a bar.
Their rate was reasonable. Upon my arrival in the lobby I was greeted by the hotel employ. I checked inon 22nd April,2012 and was issued a key for room # 226. I noticed that the room was recently renovated with new carpet, furniture and lights. I liked the room and settled down. I later went to the bar and had couple of drinks. I walked to the next door dinner and came back to the room, watched TV and had a good sleep. The next day breakfast had more items than complementary breakfast. I found this hotel to be a nice for the price I paid. I will come back if I ever get a chance. I recommend this hotel to any one looking for best for their price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ravi K
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We take all guest comments both good and bad seriously and strive to improve our guest service. It is very nice to see that we have made some positive changes. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just did a wedding show in the ballroom and it was the most run down thing I have seen in 20 years in the hotel business. Most repairs could have been done for $20 or less, dirty stained ceiling tiles, ripped wallpaper, dirty smelly carpet, light fixtures hanging and hanging trim around the ceiling air vents. This property reeks of management laziness. The half hanging 20 foot sign in the parking lot says it all. Choice hotels should take thier flag off this dump asap.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim S
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2012

Travelers are raving about these Pottstown hotels

Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The rooms are run down. The television only gets a few channels, and half of them are fuzzy. There was plaster in the peephole and plaster on the curtains. Paint was chipping off of the ceiling. Both of the soda machines did not work. The manager did open one machine and I paid for 2 sodas, both of which were flat and syrupy. I had to leave the hotel to get something to drink. Don't go there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Natalie836
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input! Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!