“Nothing went right”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The rooms are run down. The television only gets a few channels, and half of them are fuzzy. There was plaster in the peephole and plaster on the curtains. Paint was chipping off of the ceiling. Both of the soda machines did not work. The manager did open one machine and I paid for 2 sodas, both of which were flat and syrupy. I had to leave the hotel to get something to drink. Don't go there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Natalie836
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input! Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Smells like mold, ripped wallpaper, rude staff. Won't be back.

Room Tip: King of Prussia is 15 min away, stay there instead - youre much closer to shops and Philadelphia.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MAMartini14
innovativehotels, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

We are very dissapointed to hear that your stay at our Quality Inn Pottstown did not meet your expectations. We are nearly complete with a complete renovation of every room, and it appears here that you unfortnately got one of the last remaining unrenovated rooms during your stay with us. Please know that we are under new management, and our renovations are being very well received by our long time repeat guests as well as our first time guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory, and I would encourage you to give us another try to show you the positive changes that our customers are giving us rave reviews about. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 610-326-6700 if you're staying with us again and I will ensure that you are well taken care of by our team here in Pottstown. Mildred - General Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel as a last resort because I was passing through town in the middle of the big snow storm. I called and was quoted a rate of 69.99 from the front desk staff. As this was the cheapest of the hotels I called, I decided to go there. When I got to the desk, there was someone new working and they told me that the rate would be 79.99 and they couldn't go any lower. I was tired and the roads were bad so I agreed to pay that. Then, as I was waiting to be checked in, the owner(?) (Some Indian man) came up to the desk and started yelling at the employee for a previous mistake. I thought that was very rude, but just wanted to get to bed. I got the keys for my room (127) and I drove down to it. I went inside and it smelled of smoke terribly although it was a non smoking room. There was hair on the pillowcases and in the sink. The shower had brown stains on it and the toilet had a dirt ring on it. After finally complaining enough, they switched my room to 109 which was a little bit better but the heat did not work. The next morning, I went down for the breakfast which left much to be desired. It consisted of sausage gravy that was probably a few days old, scrambled eggs which were burnt and some danishes. I was very disappointed with my whole stay. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: Higher rooms do not have working heat.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond L
Alicia G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

We strive to provide our guests with a exceptional experience and I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I am aware we had challenges at the begining of the year.
We have made so many improvements since your last vist. Please revist our website and see our many postive comments. I look forward to your vist again at the Quality Inn and Suites.
Please feel free to contact me regarding your stay.

Alicia Ann Gillard

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I work in the Pottstown Pa. area and stay at the Quality Inn 5 to 7 nights a week. Thanks to the friendly professional staff every visit has been trouble free. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I enjoy the restaurant, bar and pool. Quality Inn is located minutes from major chain stores and fuel stops. The Pottstown Quality Inn is a 5 star hotel. Its the only place I will stay in the Pottstown area. Dan C.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

We are always glad to hear from our guests and are pleased our hotel the Quality Inn Pottstown met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here while passing through in November, and really enjoyed the hotel. we had stayed at other locations prior, but decided to try something new. the rooms were recently updated, clean, and the staff was very friendly. This place is a much better value than the other Pottstown hotels. We will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Brandon K
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

 Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service you have come to expect from the Quality Inn Pottstown and appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Reviewed December 2, 2011

We were in Pottstown for business and social and stayed at this Quality Inn. We were there 2 years ago and it got a good renovation since we were there. The room for us had everything we needed, ironing board, iron, coffee maker, microwave, frig, etc. We had no problem getting extra towels, wake up call etc. The bar was friendly with a few TVs and the manager bought us a beer, they didnt have hotel prices either, they had good prices, the bar menu had a few items but could use a few more. The guys at the front desk sent faxes for us and got us a rental car and a winery tour and a decent dinner at a country club, excellent service! The room was clean and had a big comfortable chair and after we played with the remote we got HBO. It was a good stay and they were flexible on the rate, which made it $30 less than the other hotel we called. They say they are adding 3 business suites, we will return and recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DestinationAffairs
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

We are glad to hear your stay was a good one. Your complimentary review of our hotel The Quality Inn Pottstown is much appreciated. Please return often!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently suffered a power outage at my home and decided to stay at a hotel for thed night.. i had not been to The Quality Inn in a while but it was close and the price was fair. what a pleasant experience. I was greeted by Roxie at the front desk and she helped to make my night better. The hotel had undergone extensive renovations since my last visit. The rooms were bright and fresh with new furniture and rugs. the breakfast was very good. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling thru or visiting the area.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a king bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bmac1954
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and our hotel the Quality Inn Pottstown. Please don't wait for a power outage to come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!