“Would not stay here again!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Erie
“Would not stay here again!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel was dirty and had a terrible odor. When we first walked in the room we had to kill a spider on the wall and noticed right away that the blankets were stained. I can honestly say that we have stayed in hotels for half the money we paid for this one and they were much nicer and clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kristy31Erie
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Quality Inn. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I will never return to this Hotel and strongly recommend nobody else waste there money. It was the only hotel that had rooms during the outage, I know why that is now. It was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. The room STUNK terribly, and I seemed to have the only room that had not been remodeled yet. The door frames were busted in the bathroom, the wallpaper was coming off the wall, cigarette burns in the comforter. I am a nonsmoker and had to stay in a smoking room do to the availability of rooms, every time they changed the sheets the smoke smell got worse, the internet didnt work the whole time i was there, the WHOLE TIMEEEE. The Staff just recommended that i sit in the lobby to use the internet, how is that convenient at all? When I would ask them questions they would generally respond with "I don't know" regardless of the topic. This hotel should be shutdown, the management obviously doesn't have customer service in their vocabulary. I can't express how much I disliked my stay here!!!!! Please stay away from this hotel at all cost, save yourself the disappointment and money.

Unsatisfied Customer

Room Tip: Go to Royursford
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank broncwheeler
Connie D, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
I am so sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. We now have 90 percent of our rooms renovated and are working on some of the hotel amenities such as the internet. Also the lack of poor customer service will be addressed. Thanks for letting me know about your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Pottstown hotels

Stowe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband & I have never been so pleased in our life. Quality Inn in pottstown your the best. The breakfast is just great, the lady who makes it did a fantastic job. We came in late for our stay & the late night girls who checked us in on March 31st were the greatest staff members. They were very pleasant & accomadated our stay very well. They even called us once we got settled in to check & make sure things were good & that is what we liked most. Thank you staff for making our staff pleasant.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luckylady99
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to write something positive about us. I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Arnold, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Our reason for our trip was because of a death in the family . Upon arrival at the motel, we stood at the front counter for at least 15 minutes waiting for someone to check us in. We rang the bell repeatedly and even called the front desk from our cell phone to no avail. The 2 front desk girls whom I believe one was the manager finally came out of the bar after we witnessed them singing karaoke. They finally got us checked in, gave us our room number, and off we go. What a nightmare that first room was....no tv and no heat whenever the temperature was in the teens outside. We go back to the front desk and ask for blankets and extra pillows because it was so cold. We were told they had none. Just give the heater a chance to warm up...What 8 hours later and still no heat????They decide to move us to another room..Guess what tv doesnt work. Keep in mind we had kids 10 and under with us. Well try another room.Tv works but its fuzzy, we have heat, but no hot water. It was enough to go through the sudden death in our family . After two weeks I was still trying to get some satisfaction. They did tell me they would refund half my stay...but guess what ? they ended up charging me again and when I call they always give me the runaround.They refuse to give me the owners number. Now who is going to pay my overdraft fees because of incompetent workers??????? I would never recommend this place to anyone and if it was the last place standing to stay at I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nanaluvshugs3
I am very sorry for the negative experience you had during your stay earlier this year. I am the new General Manager and I wanted to respond even though it is late. We now have 90 per cent of our rooms renovated and are working on areas to make the guests have a more positive experience. I hope the double charge was rectified. If it hasn't been, please contact me at the hotel. Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We were at the Quality Inn as part of a group. The room my family was in was average at best. Is it possible that the cleaning staff could actually remove the dust and dust strands hanging down from the ceiling??

The room that another part of our party was in though was appalling. There was no wall paper on the walls because of the severe water damage all over the place. The one wall had holes in it due to the water damage and one area of the ceiling did as well. Plus, the room smelled extremely musty; almost unhealthy. You really have to see this room to believe it. How they could even think of renting this room to someone is beyond me. I cannot remember the room number but it was on the first floor; facing towards route 100 about halfway down from the office.

Trying to sleep here was a trip too. A room a few down must have been packed with 2 or possibly 3 families and the kids were outside playing until 1 am. After repeated attempts, someone from the office finally went and spoke to them and things calmed down around 1:45 am.

The free breakfast the next morning was average at best. The milk was sour but the egg dish was pretty good.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank PghPensFan71
reicheltb, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Thank you for the honest review of our property. I am the new manager here and have started a complete renovation of our rooms. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
harrisburg pa
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Apparently they are working hard to improve the place since the Feb 2010 review. Outside landscaping and appearance is appealing. Pool area is beatiful. Very convenient--right off Rte 100. Sports bar packed the parking lot, but our room was in the back and we were not disturbed at all. Bed was comfortable, although room was a little dingy...beat recliner, small tears in the wallpaper, dust on the floor lamp. Had to fiddle a little with the toilet to stop it from running. Pillows were small but there were four. All in all slept very well and breakfast was good and the price was right...only about $60. Good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments, we do know that there is work to do, and we are headed in the right direction. We have just started a new renovation of all of our guest rooms so things should just continue to get better. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The "Free Wireless Internet" didn't work. There were no WiFi spots whatsoever all night. I kept trying because I couldn't sleep on the Ultra Hard Bed. That was as hard as a sheet over plywood., There were knife holes in the bathroom door....lots of them. The pool was closed when we got back from the zoo. The pool has very limited hours....doesn't allow a morning swim before checkout and closes way early. Both Ice Machines were broken. The breakfast wasn't what was promised at checkin. The manager and owner refused to return any phone calls. We were Extremely Disappointed and will never stay at another Quality Inn again. Their name should be changed to "Poor Quality Inn"

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank AsherTech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!