“The Best Pasta Ever”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Okay so let's first say I am NOT a pasta person. Never have been. I was drug kicking and screaming to Giovanni's since all I knew was they had great pasta. I had a Tuscan Chicken sandwich since I don't do pasta. The sandwich was out of this world. So much so that I came home and tried to mimic the recipe a couple of times for dinner at home. lol While having my chicken, I was forced to try the pasta of my cohorts. It was AWESOME. The Shrimp Scampi Ravioli and the Veal Pasta with Rosa sauce were so delicious that it turned this non-pasta person into craving their pasta. On my next trip there, I had the Shrimp Scampi Ravioli even though I also wanted the pasta with Rosa sauce. Every bite of my Shrimp Scampi Ravioli was so good that even though I was full, it was hard to not keep eating. I brought my leftovers home and enjoyed them the next day. If you love pasta, Givoanni's is the place to go. If you don't like pasta much like me, Giovanni's is still the place to go. It will give a whole new meaning to pasta for you.

1  Thank Deb P

Reviewed May 23, 2012

what ever you order is great and lots of.i had there pizza and loved it . i had there chicken parmassen and it was delious and lots of it. the owner is very nice to help you if you have questions too.

1  Thank Darlene B
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We always eat at the one in Royersford....great service and always busy

1  Thank mgsites
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Pizza may be ok, prices are alittle high for the quality. BYOB. Serive was disorganized, if not just lousy. You are starting to order and the server walks away for minutes. Would never tell anyone to go there and not planing to Go back. Too much garlic doesn't make it Italian food. I could not eat it and it went in the trash when I got home.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Not what we expected. We expected a quaint little mom and pop place with good homemade food. It wasn’t. There were three in our party, and we arrived early and had no problem with the parking lot. The first thing we noticed was that Michael Jackson was playing. This is not an exaggeration, every song was loud and Michael Jackson. This is a bad combination for dinner conversation. The restaurant was close to empty, but we were seated at a small booth with the waitstaff sitting on the other side of a plant like patrician. I didn’t want to overhear their conversations, you would think that Michael would help drown it out, but it was hard to miss. While we waited for our meals, we heard about someone who is a “professional freak show” and how to cover tattoos that your wedding dress doesn’t cover. Honestly, we felt like we were in a bad sitcom. Our waitress was polite and explained the difference between the veal patty and the veal cutlet. We started with calamari. It was overcooked and the breading was tasteless. One member commented that it couldn’t be homemade and taste that bland. I had the fettuccini Alfredo for dinner. The portion was huge, but it had too much ricotta cheese in it. I want my Alfredo to be rich and creamy, but this was thick and pasty. Another member of our party had a very large portion of veal parmesan. He described as OK but said the sauce was bland and very salty. The garlic bread was good. The third member had a giant cheesesteak that he described as great and ended up taking half of it home. When our meal was over, I had to go to the counter to find our waitress to request a check. We hadn’t seen her in a while. They seem to do a brisk carry-out business. Maybe we were there on the chef’s night off. If they do pizza and sandwiches well, they should stick to those and not try meals.